Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Radiator valve to plastic pipe

Does anyone know where to get these:

https://flic.kr/p/g37Rh6

It's an Altech TRV (easy bit) with a 15mm to 10mm (I think) plastic pipe
elbow (difficult bit). The elbow directs the pipe behind the radiator,
which is what I'm after.

(I did ask about this about a year ago, and I'm not sure anyone knew.
I'm now finally getting round to fitting the rads).
--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , RJH
writes
Does anyone know where to get these:

https://flic.kr/p/g37Rh6

It's an Altech TRV (easy bit) with a 15mm to 10mm (I think) plastic pipe
elbow (difficult bit). The elbow directs the pipe behind the radiator,
which is what I'm after.

(I did ask about this about a year ago, and I'm not sure anyone knew.
I'm now finally getting round to fitting the rads).

I think I was one of those who responded last time and it was a simple
matter of googling 15/10mm rad tail elbow/adaptor and examples popped
out.

Soooo, get googlin . . . .

Btw, don't think the plas part is an issue, you can either buy elbows
with one side pushfit or fit the plas into a chrome compression elbow
adaptor.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/07/2014 18:38, fred wrote:
In article , RJH
writes
Does anyone know where to get these:

https://flic.kr/p/g37Rh6

It's an Altech TRV (easy bit) with a 15mm to 10mm (I think) plastic pipe
elbow (difficult bit). The elbow directs the pipe behind the radiator,
which is what I'm after.

(I did ask about this about a year ago, and I'm not sure anyone knew.
I'm now finally getting round to fitting the rads).

I think I was one of those who responded last time and it was a simple
matter of googling 15/10mm rad tail elbow/adaptor and examples popped out.

Soooo, get googlin . . . .

Btw, don't think the plas part is an issue, you can either buy elbows
with one side pushfit or fit the plas into a chrome compression elbow
adaptor.

Ah - I think this is the character:

http://www.plumbase.com/tprod111407/...pair-10mm.html

Many thanks.

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , RJH
writes
On 21/07/2014 18:38, fred wrote:
In article , RJH
writes
Does anyone know where to get these:

https://flic.kr/p/g37Rh6

It's an Altech TRV (easy bit) with a 15mm to 10mm (I think) plastic pipe
elbow (difficult bit). The elbow directs the pipe behind the radiator,
which is what I'm after.

(I did ask about this about a year ago, and I'm not sure anyone knew.
I'm now finally getting round to fitting the rads).

I think I was one of those who responded last time and it was a simple
matter of googling 15/10mm rad tail elbow/adaptor and examples popped out.

Soooo, get googlin . . . .

Btw, don't think the plas part is an issue, you can either buy elbows
with one side pushfit or fit the plas into a chrome compression elbow
adaptor.

Ah - I think this is the character:

http://www.plumbase.com/tprod111407/...it-elbow-pair-
10mm.html

Thought that looked a bit pricey but I see it is a pair.

Despite a slightly misleading picture, I believe that a Pegler 7P1010 is
the same beast and slightly cheaper here if you have a few to do:

http://www.mytub.co.uk/15x10mm-push-...product-331671

I believe this may also be the same part as Pegler don't list an equal
10mm pushfit elbow:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/pegler-pus...bow-10mm/28509

Might be worth a visual check if you have a screwfix nearby
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/07/2014 21:53, fred wrote:
In article , RJH
writes
On 21/07/2014 18:38, fred wrote:
In article , RJH
writes
[...]

I used the Altech elbows they had in my local plumbers' merchant in the
end - about £6 pair. Worked a treat, and looks really good.

Thanks for your help.

--
Cheers, Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , RJH
writes

Thought that looked a bit pricey but I see it is a pair.

Despite a slightly misleading picture, I believe that a Pegler 7P1010 is
the same beast and slightly cheaper here if you have a few to do:

http://www.mytub.co.uk/15x10mm-push-...product-331671

I believe this may also be the same part as Pegler don't list an equal
10mm pushfit elbow:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/pegler-pus...bow-10mm/28509

Might be worth a visual check if you have a screwfix nearby

I used the Altech elbows they had in my local plumbers' merchant in the
end - about £6 pair. Worked a treat, and looks really good.

Thanks for your help.

Glad you're sorted & thanks for feeding back.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .