Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Faucet shut off valve and plastic pipe

I had a plumber tell me using brass fittings on a faucet shut off
valve with plastic 1/2 pipe is not safe. Instead you should use
stainless steel fittings. Why is it not safe?

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Mike E. Fullerton wrote:
I had a plumber tell me using brass fittings on a faucet shut off
valve with plastic 1/2 pipe is not safe. Instead you should use
stainless steel fittings. Why is it not safe?

Why didn't you ask him instead of us? We (at least I) didn't make it
up.

What kind of plastic? Maybe _something_, but for life of me I can't
think what.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Jun 26, 8:20 pm, dpb wrote:
Mike E. Fullerton wrote:
I had a plumber tell me using brass fittings on a faucet shut off
valve with plastic 1/2 pipe is not safe. Instead you should use
stainless steel fittings. Why is it not safe?

Why didn't you ask him instead of us? We (at least I) didn't make
it
up.

What kind of plastic? Maybe _something_, but for life of me I
can't
think what.

--

electrolysis

Which corrodes - the brass or the plastic?

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 19:20:31 -0500, dpb wrote:

Mike E. Fullerton wrote:
I had a plumber tell me using brass fittings on a faucet shut off
valve with plastic 1/2 pipe is not safe. Instead you should use
stainless steel fittings. Why is it not safe?

What kind of plastic? Maybe _something_, but for life of me I can't
think what.

When I say plastic I mean PEX. When I say brass fittings I mean brass
compression fittings.

Shut Off Valve help!! zano Home Repair 2 April 10th 07 10:50 PM
Removing old shut-off valves from bathroom faucet [email protected] Home Repair 3 January 27th 07 09:21 PM
Valve,Butterfly valve,Globe valve,Check valve,Ball valve,Plug valve,Marine valve,Gate valve,Flow control valve [email protected] UK diy 1 April 17th 06 10:29 AM
Shut-off Valve for Tub Faucet frank1492 Home Repair 3 February 13th 06 01:12 PM
Need help with shut-off valve Walter R. Home Repair 10 April 3rd 05 06:03 PM