Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Myers

Default Fitting Thermostatic Radiator Valves, Plastic Pipe, 15mm 10mm reducers.

Hi,

I wanted to ask a quick bit advice on fitting a couple of TRV's to my
bedroom radiators.

I have 2 TRVs with compression fittings which are by the looks of it
15mm fittings, but its also supplied with 8mm and 10mm reducers and
olives.

My pipe is hep2o plastic pipe at 10mm. Depending on the state of the
olives and pipe inserts on the existing two valves I am replacing I
will either try to use the existing ends or if not possible cut the
pipe and fit new olives and new pipe inserts.

The hep2o website recommends copper olives for compression joints, I
believe the ones supplied with the TRV are brass. Should this be a
cause for concern?

Do I basically fit the reducer in the bottom of the valve, put the nut
and olive on the pipe and clamp upto the valve? (possible wrapping the
olive in PTFE)

Is there something more to it than that? I can't seem to find any basic
plumbing instructions for fitting TRVs especially when it involves
reducers. The instructions with the valve seem more concerned with the
operation, not the installation.

Any advice is always great fully received.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Set Square

Mike Myers wrote:

[...]

It always worries me when I see micro-bore pipe (copper or plastic)
connected directly to radiator valves because of susceptibility to knocks
from vacuum cleaners etc.

My preference would be to use a short length of 15mm *copper* pipe -
preferably going down through the floor, and *then* joining onto the
micro-bore, using a suitable reducer, somewhere where it doesn't show. If
you use a 15mm to 10mm pushfit reducer - with an insert in the plastic pipe,
of course - it's all very easy to assemble.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ZHAOWEI Product---Small Gear Reducer
The purpose of a ZHAOWEI gear reducer is to increase the available torque output from a motor while decreasing its output speed.
Using a ZHAOWEI gear reducer has many advantages. A ZHAOWEI gear reducer can be coupled to a wide variety of motors, therefore a customer's application is no longer limited by the availability of a particular brand of motor. Another advantage is that expensive motors can be replaced with smaller, less expensive motors and a ZHAOWEI gear reducer, resulting in a considerable cost savings and (in most cases) an increase in usable power. Also, replacement parts for ZHAOWEI gear reducers are readily available and in most cases can be shipped the same day they are ordered.
ZHAOWEI gear reducers can be used in a multitude of applications wherever there is a requirement for high torque/low speed output, including smart home & household application, medical devices, industry equipments and automobile, etc.
Company: Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co., Ltd
Contact: Annie Liu
Tel:+86-755-27322652
Fax:+86-755-27323949

Add: Blk. 18, Longwangmiao Industry Park, Fuyong Tn., Baoan Dist., Shenzhen 518103, Guangdong, China
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Glad that is settled then..
Where is that 12 bore spam killer...
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
wrote in message
[...]
Telï¼s+86-755-27322652
Faxï¼s+86-755-27323949

Add: Blk. 18, Longwangmiao Industry Park, Fuyong Tn., Bao?Tan Dist.,
Shenzhen 518103, Guangdong, China