Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Myers

Default Fitting Thermostatic Radiator Valves, Plastic Pipe, 15mm 10mm reducers.

Hi,

I wanted to ask a quick bit advice on fitting a couple of TRV's to my
bedroom radiators.

I have 2 TRVs with compression fittings which are by the looks of it
15mm fittings, but its also supplied with 8mm and 10mm reducers and
olives.

My pipe is hep2o plastic pipe at 10mm. Depending on the state of the
olives and pipe inserts on the existing two valves I am replacing I
will either try to use the existing ends or if not possible cut the
pipe and fit new olives and new pipe inserts.

The hep2o website recommends copper olives for compression joints, I
believe the ones supplied with the TRV are brass. Should this be a
cause for concern?

Do I basically fit the reducer in the bottom of the valve, put the nut
and olive on the pipe and clamp upto the valve? (possible wrapping the
olive in PTFE)

Is there something more to it than that? I can't seem to find any basic
plumbing instructions for fitting TRVs especially when it involves
reducers. The instructions with the valve seem more concerned with the
operation, not the installation.

Any advice is always great fully received.

Thanks,

Mike