Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wi-Fi range extender.

Reason I'm asking all this is that in repeater mode it says all you have
to do to get it working is press the WPS button on it then the one on the
router within two minutes. But this didn't work with my BT router.

To access its setup menu, you have to connect it direct to a computer -
can't seem to access it while it's connected to the LAN.

Did all that and it then works just fine - comes up on my phone etc with
the name I gave it. Once I'd entered the same Wi-Fi access code as the
router it's connected to. But still switched to the repeater mode with
lots of LEDs flashing.

I've now switched it to Access point and it still works as before - but
all the 'Wi-Fi' LEDs have stopped flashing.

Only difference I can see in practice is I'll have to tell any device
whether to use the router or access point. Which is fine by me. As it
covers the whole house.

--
*There are two kinds of pedestrians... the quick and the dead.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Jul 2014 13:43:42 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
[...]

I've never yet got WPS to work. Always had to set up manually.