Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Home Security Monitoring costs

On 12/07/2014 21:34, JimK wrote:
/alan
On 06/07/2014 00:02, Graham. wrote:

Wireless PIRs are not fit for purpose in a permanent security
installation.

PIR are often installed so they can see the wrong things. I advised
someone recently that a PIR pointing at his front door wasn't too good
an idea. Snail mail posted through his letter box on a cold day into his
centrally heated hallway would set of an alarm, especially if were are
many items delivered at the same time. /q

Ah the old 'visible to scrotes or no false alarms' dilemma....

Jim K

No dilemma - false alarms a nuisance for yourself and your neighbours.

The bell box says "I have an alarm" so the actual method of alarming
your home only has to be known to you. It may be PIRs, magnetic switches
on the doors/windows, pressure mats etc. or even nothing at all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"charles" wrote in message
our crime prevention officer said: "Burglar alarms alarm burglars"

He is correct. About 30% of the alarms I have installed (not including new
builds) have been installed a week after the house was burgled or after a
neighbour/relative was burgled.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

/
The bell box says "I have an alarm" so the actual method of alarming
your home only has to be known to you. It may be PIRs, magnetic switches
on the doors/windows, pressure mats etc. or even nothing at all. /q

The bell box says I have a bell box, pirs & door contacts suggest it is connected to something...

Jim K