GaryMO

Default Remote home temperature monitoring

We have a second home that, from time to time, suffers a heating problem.

We'd like to install something that would monitor the air temperature, and if
it fell below a certain level, would call a pre-programmed number.

I've seen devices you call into, but that will not work as the phone there has
voice mail on it.

As an alternative, are there any devices that can monitor a home and can
provide continuous reporting via the internet?

Thanks
Joseph Meehan

GaryMO wrote:
We have a second home that, from time to time, suffers a heating
problem.

We'd like to install something that would monitor the air
temperature, and if it fell below a certain level, would call a
pre-programmed number.

I've seen devices you call into, but that will not work as the phone
there has voice mail on it.

As an alternative, are there any devices that can monitor a home and
can provide continuous reporting via the internet?

Thanks

Check with your local security companies. Many home security systems
will take care of this as well as flooded basements etc.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Travis Jordan

GaryMO wrote:
We have a second home that, from time to time, suffers a heating
problem.

We'd like to install something that would monitor the air
temperature, and if it fell below a certain level, would call a
pre-programmed number.

I've seen devices you call into, but that will not work as the phone
there has voice mail on it.

As an alternative, are there any devices that can monitor a home and
can provide continuous reporting via the internet?

Sure. (You really should learn how to use search engines for these kinds of
questions).

Temperature alarming:
http://sensaphone.com/cabins-homes.html

Want something more sophisticated? How about an Internet-enabled
thermostat:
http://www.proliphix.com/pro_products_consumer.html