Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Curtain Track - Whoosh!

A little while ago I posted about a broken curtain track cording thing.
Got that sorted after thinking about the possibilities properly. Not
wanting the same failure to occur on the other three curtains in the
room, I did what I should have done ages ago. I sprayed the track,
gliders, rollers, and all with a modest dose of silicone spray.

Immediate improvement in all of them - much easier to draw. And, I
think,continuing improvement for a few days after. Quite possibly as it
spread further and wider.

Wish I had done it ages ago (and I mean several years) - might have
saved the broken roller.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"polygonum" wrote in message
A little while ago I posted about a broken curtain track cording thing. Got
that sorted after thinking about the possibilities properly. Not wanting
the same failure to occur on the other three curtains in the room, I did
what I should have done ages ago. I sprayed the track, gliders, rollers,
and all with a modest dose of silicone spray.

Immediate improvement in all of them - much easier to draw. And, I
think,continuing improvement for a few days after. Quite possibly as it
spread further and wider.

Wish I had done it ages ago (and I mean several years) - might have saved
the broken roller.

A dab of Vaseline also works.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Pounder" wrote in
:

"polygonum" wrote in message
A little while ago I posted about a broken curtain track cording
thing. Got that sorted after thinking about the possibilities
properly. Not wanting the same failure to occur on the other three
curtains in the room, I did what I should have done ages ago. I
sprayed the track, gliders, rollers, and all with a modest dose of
silicone spray.

Immediate improvement in all of them - much easier to draw. And, I
think,continuing improvement for a few days after. Quite possibly as
it spread further and wider.

Wish I had done it ages ago (and I mean several years) - might have
saved the broken roller.

A dab of Vaseline also works.

Vaseline attracts more dust than a waft of silicone spray,
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/05/2014 18:48, DerbyBorn wrote:
Vaseline attracts more dust than a waft of silicone spray,

And far more silly comments... :-)

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.222...
"Mr Pounder" wrote in
:

"polygonum" wrote in message
A little while ago I posted about a broken curtain track cording
thing. Got that sorted after thinking about the possibilities
properly. Not wanting the same failure to occur on the other three
curtains in the room, I did what I should have done ages ago. I
sprayed the track, gliders, rollers, and all with a modest dose of
silicone spray.

Immediate improvement in all of them - much easier to draw. And, I
think,continuing improvement for a few days after. Quite possibly as
it spread further and wider.

Wish I had done it ages ago (and I mean several years) - might have
saved the broken roller.

A dab of Vaseline also works.

Vaseline attracts more dust than a waft of silicone spray,

That's what I thought but it seemed not to be the case here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, May 16, 2014 8:30:21 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder wrote:
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message

2.222...

"Mr Pounder" wrote in

:

"polygonum" wrote in message

A little while ago I posted about a broken curtain track cording

thing. Got that sorted after thinking about the possibilities

properly. Not wanting the same failure to occur on the other three

curtains in the room, I did what I should have done ages ago. I

sprayed the track, gliders, rollers, and all with a modest dose of

silicone spray.

Immediate improvement in all of them - much easier to draw. And, I

think,continuing improvement for a few days after. Quite possibly as

it spread further and wider.

Wish I had done it ages ago (and I mean several years) - might have

saved the broken roller.

A dab of Vaseline also works.

Vaseline attracts more dust than a waft of silicone spray,

That's what I thought but it seemed not to be the case here.

Spray furniture polish is very effective also
Posted to uk.d-i-y

One problem though is the build up of dust. It could in the future glue
itself to the track, but then if you do not do this, if its plastic track
the static generated tends to attract muck in any case.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"polygonum" wrote in message
A little while ago I posted about a broken curtain track cording thing. Got
that sorted after thinking about the possibilities properly. Not wanting
the same failure to occur on the other three curtains in the room, I did
what I should have done ages ago. I sprayed the track, gliders, rollers,
and all with a modest dose of silicone spray.

Immediate improvement in all of them - much easier to draw. And, I
think,continuing improvement for a few days after. Quite possibly as it
spread further and wider.

Wish I had done it ages ago (and I mean several years) - might have saved
the broken roller.

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message
On Friday, May 16, 2014 8:30:21 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder wrote:
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message

2.222...

"Mr Pounder" wrote in

:

"polygonum" wrote in message

A little while ago I posted about a broken curtain track cording

thing. Got that sorted after thinking about the possibilities

properly. Not wanting the same failure to occur on the other three

curtains in the room, I did what I should have done ages ago. I

sprayed the track, gliders, rollers, and all with a modest dose of

silicone spray.

Immediate improvement in all of them - much easier to draw. And, I

think,continuing improvement for a few days after. Quite possibly as

it spread further and wider.

Wish I had done it ages ago (and I mean several years) - might have

saved the broken roller.

A dab of Vaseline also works.

Vaseline attracts more dust than a waft of silicone spray,

That's what I thought but it seemed not to be the case here.

Spray furniture polish is very effective also

I'll bear that in mind. Taa.

Metal curtain track? Tim Watts UK diy 11 February 17th 10 07:19 PM
Screfix PVC Curtain Track elziko UK diy 6 July 26th 07 05:18 PM
Where can I find these curtain track hardware? marc0047 Home Repair 3 June 25th 07 10:57 PM
curtain track Leveled UK diy 8 May 10th 05 07:39 PM
Curtain Track Kevin Rayner UK diy 8 January 13th 04 05:38 PM