Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Anyone here done a parachute jump?

Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to going
on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

I am thinking of booking this for my stag do and so far there are
only 2 people who have said yes to going on it.

I like my spine as it is ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/05/2014 13:50 ARW wrote:

Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to
going on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

Make sure you do the lap dancing trip first...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 05 May 2014 14:28:04 +0100, F news@nowhere wrote:

On 05/05/2014 13:50 ARW wrote:

Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to
going on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

Make sure you do the lap dancing trip first...

At my age it's the lap dance that's more likely to prove fatal.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"F" news@nowhere wrote in message
On 05/05/2014 13:50 ARW wrote:

Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to
going on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

Make sure you do the lap dancing trip first...

She said no to this

http://www.crazystag.com/krakow/acti...re_kalashnikov

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW scribbled...

Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to going
on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

Can you book a jump at the lap dancing club ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Are these tandem jumps then. I think most are these days for health and
safety. I've not done one but plenty have and survived. I'm not sure that
dangling with some sweaty ex military man for some minutes is what I'd like
to do.

I'd much rather do it alone, but I somehow do not think a blind parachutist
would be allowed these days!

If you want to talk to people who have done it, talk to local charities,
they are often done for charity.
Brian

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as
"ARW" wrote in message
Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to
going on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Erm who translated it though.

Brian

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as
On 05/05/2014 13:50 ARW wrote:

Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to
going on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

Make sure you do the lap dancing trip first...

She said no to this

http://www.crazystag.com/krakow/acti...re_kalashnikov

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 5 May 2014 13:50:15 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to going
on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

I've done quite a few, but by myself. You should do it. It puts a
whole new perspective on the attraction of sitting in front of the
fire with slippers on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to
going
on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

Tell em entrance to the lap dancing club is via parachute?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/05/2014 13:50 ARW wrote:

Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to
going on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

Don't blame them; I wouldn't willingly jump out of an aircraft unless it
were parked on the ground.

Make sure you do the lap dancing trip first...

She said no to this

http://www.crazystag.com/krakow/acti...re_kalashnikov

My cousin's boy has done a number of parachute jumps, often followed by
shooting automatic weapons, but HM Government were paying him to do it.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/05/2014 13:50, ARW wrote:
Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to
going on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

My wife did one a few years ago and as £10k life insurance only cost £1
I thought it was quite safe - she thoroughly enjoyed it. Two weeks
later the same aircraft crashed on takeoff killing the pilot!

Peter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARW wrote:
Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to going
on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

I used to do a lot of skydiving. Not jumped for over 20 years though. It's
a fantastic rush. Tandem stuff was just starting to take off back then
though - but it's well established now. Much easier than going through
a days worth of being shouted at.

Biggest adrenaline rush you'll ever get.

I only did 200 jumps before moving onto something else (driving
the planes rather than jumping out), but I was jumping with people
who had done 1000's and one even 10,000 jumps.

Gordon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/05/14 13:50, ARW wrote:
Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to
going on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

My mate at uni did a lot of parachuting. He loved it. Started with round
chutes (simpler but less control) and progressed to square chutes
(harder but lots of direction control, apparantly!).

I guess it comes down to having enough balls to step off the plane!

I would need bicycle clips on my trousers...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/05/2014 13:50 ARW wrote:

Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to
going on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

Make sure you do the lap dancing trip first...

She said no to this

http://www.crazystag.com/krakow/acti...re_kalashnikov

I would love that!

How about a more classic paintball session? Lots of violence...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to going on it.
No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

For safety reasons they may insist on breathalising all the
participants before allowing them on the plane. Maybe
something to check on beforehand.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Gordon Henderson" wrote in message
In article ,
ARW wrote:
Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to
going
on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

I used to do a lot of skydiving. Not jumped for over 20 years though. It's
a fantastic rush. Tandem stuff was just starting to take off back then
though - but it's well established now. Much easier than going through
a days worth of being shouted at.

Biggest adrenaline rush you'll ever get.

I only did 200 jumps before moving onto something else (driving
the planes rather than jumping out), but I was jumping with people
who had done 1000's and one even 10,000 jumps.

Cheers. We are looking at tandem jumps.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes
Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to
going on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

I know a guy who does this. He reckons he's done about 3000 jumps. He
says it's no problem no sensation of falling. Just step out of the plane
and there you are.
And no I haven't done it.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message sting.com,
Jabba writes
ARW scribbled...

Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to going
on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

Can you book a jump at the lap dancing club ?

No just pay on the door.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Peter Andrews
writes
On 05/05/2014 13:50, ARW wrote:
Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to
going on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

My wife did one a few years ago and as £10k life insurance only cost £1
I thought it was quite safe - she thoroughly enjoyed it. Two weeks
later the same aircraft crashed on takeoff killing the pilot!

Peter

I flew on Concorde from Nice airport. Three weeks late it crashed after
take off killing the same pilot, the crew - and all the passengers.
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, May 5, 2014 1:50:15 PM UTC+1, wrote:
Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to going

on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

--

Adam

Iv done one by myself years ago..but I think that the 2nd would be harder.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/05/2014 13:50, ARW wrote:
Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to
going on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

I did a skydive from 15,000 ft in New Zealand in 2005, my mum also did
it, and she was 60 at the time!

Both of us really enjoyed it and would definitely do it again.

For me, the worst part was the lead-up (having never done it before, not
knowing what it is like) but as soon as you are out, it is just really
really windy (before the chute opens) - You really don't feel like you
are falling, as there isn't really a point of reference to compare your
speed to close enough to judge, it just looks like the ground is coming
towards you fairly slowly really.

Once the chute opens, then it goes quiet, and you float to the ground
and hopefully land gracefully!

--
Toby...
Remove your pants to reply
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes
to going
on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

I used to do a lot of skydiving. Not jumped for over 20 years though.
It's
a fantastic rush. Tandem stuff was just starting to take off back then
though - but it's well established now. Much easier than going through
a days worth of being shouted at.

Biggest adrenaline rush you'll ever get.

I only did 200 jumps before moving onto something else (driving
the planes rather than jumping out), but I was jumping with people
who had done 1000's and one even 10,000 jumps.

Cheers. We are looking at tandem jumps.

Ask them if they practice chute failures.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes
to going
on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

I used to do a lot of skydiving. Not jumped for over 20 years though.
It's
a fantastic rush. Tandem stuff was just starting to take off back then
though - but it's well established now. Much easier than going through
a days worth of being shouted at.

Biggest adrenaline rush you'll ever get.

I only did 200 jumps before moving onto something else (driving
the planes rather than jumping out), but I was jumping with people
who had done 1000's and one even 10,000 jumps.

Cheers. We are looking at tandem jumps.

Ask them if they practice chute failures.

Only the once.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 05 May 2014 21:01:13 +0100, ARW wrote:

Cheers. We are looking at tandem jumps.

I did a jump a fair few years back - but not tandem, static line - they
tie the ripcord to the plane whilst you're still on terra firma. Just as
well, really, in my mate's case - he fell out the door of the plane
whilst getting into position...

The idea of a tandem jump didn't appeal at all. Just strapped there with
no control? Sod that. OK, you get to have a bit of freefall which you
don't with a static line. But... nope, the bit I enjoyed most on the way
down was playing with controlling the 'chute. Pull this cord, it goes
that way. Pull that cord, it goes that way. Pull both, it brakes. Great
fun.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/05/2014 13:50, ARW wrote:
Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to
going on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

Did a tandem parachute jump many years back.
It's a bit like a balloon flight in so much as you are totally in the
hands of the weather.

Took 3 separate journeys to the airfield to get a day with the right
weather conditions to coincide with the weekend.

Thoroughly enjoyed it in the end though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/05/2014 13:50, ARW wrote:
Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to
going on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

Yup. Years ago, wasn't sponsored but I was young and daft.
Was a completely different system then . You jumped solo with a line
back to the aircraft to make sure your parachute opened, six of these
without fluffing (three ordinary static line jumps and three were you
pretended to pull the rip-cord [dummy rips]) and you were allowed to go
onto free-fall (were you opened the chute yourself).

There was no feeling of they aren't listening to me or I am not being
fully trained. Liked it so much that I went on to do six static line
and then three free fall jumps.

Would imagine there is even less to do/think about in a tandem jump
seems you are strapped to someone who knows what they are doing and the
landing with these ram-air canopies can be very gentle.

Go for it it IS a bit intimidating but requires very little thought
from you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/05/2014 13:57, soup wrote:
three were you pretended to pull the rip-cord

Where not were

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/05/2014 19:14 Tim Watts wrote:

I would need bicycle clips on my trousers...

No, leave them open, they'll drain faster...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Mon, 05 May 2014 21:01:13 +0100, ARW wrote:

Cheers. We are looking at tandem jumps.

I did a jump a fair few years back - but not tandem, static line - they
tie the ripcord to the plane whilst you're still on terra firma. Just as
well, really, in my mate's case - he fell out the door of the plane
whilst getting into position...

The idea of a tandem jump didn't appeal at all. Just strapped there with
no control? Sod that. OK, you get to have a bit of freefall which you
don't with a static line. But... nope, the bit I enjoyed most on the way
down was playing with controlling the 'chute. Pull this cord, it goes
that way. Pull that cord, it goes that way. Pull both, it brakes. Great
fun.

Trouble with that approach with novices is that they dont
know how to handle the situation where the main chute
doesnt deploy properly and needs to be released and
the other chute used.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
sintv scribeth thus
On Monday, May 5, 2014 1:50:15 PM UTC+1, wrote:
Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to going

on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

--

Adam

Iv done one by myself years ago..but I think that the 2nd would be harder.

I almost did one for real years ago in a gliding near miss. Problem was
were weren't that high around 1500 feet ..

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/05/2014 21:14, Rod Speed wrote:

Trouble with that approach with novices is that they dont
know how to handle the situation where the main chute
doesnt deploy properly and needs to be released and
the other chute used.

They do though, or at least did.

I remember nearly a quarter of the training (two thirds seemed to be
how to land) was when and how to deploy the spare (round chutes;
didn't cutaway), and when to try and "untwist" the lines.

Is the training so different these days?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes
Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to
going on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

Has anyone suggested a tandem jump with a lap dancer yet? You might get
a few more takers for the parachute jump that way.

--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bill" wrote in message
In message , ARW
writes
Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to
going on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

Has anyone suggested a tandem jump with a lap dancer yet? You might get a
few more takers for the parachute jump that way.

Might be hard to find lap dancers who are
fully qualified tandem jump parachutists tho.

And even harder to find any prepared to jump
close to stark naked like they usually lap dance.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

soup wrote:

I remember nearly a quarter of the training (two thirds seemed to be
how to land) was when and how to deploy the spare (round chutes;
didn't cutaway), and when to try and "untwist" the lines.

Yes, same for me although all of mine where nearly 30 years ago. I was
jumping the NATO 28 foot round canopies, with the 22 foot throwaway
reserves. You'd dispose of the main parachute by operating the Capewells on
each shoulder.

--
Nige Danton - Replace the obvious with g.m.a.i.l

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/05/2014 06:32, Nige Danton wrote:
soup wrote:

I remember nearly a quarter of the training (two thirds seemed to be
how to land) was when and how to deploy the spare (round chutes;
didn't cutaway), and when to try and "untwist" the lines.

Yes, same for me although all of mine where nearly 30 years ago. I was
jumping the NATO 28 foot round canopies, with the 22 foot throwaway
reserves. You'd dispose of the main parachute by operating the Capewells on
each shoulder.

I did one years ago. During the training I asked the instructor "how
long would I have if my main chute failed and I had to deploy the
reserve chute (after waiting the statuary 6 secs) before I hit the
ground (if the reserve didn't work)", he replied "17 secs".
Everyone gulped. After hearing that, two out the three girls on the
course decided that they wouldn't jump :-)
This was from 2,500 ft.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bod wrote:

I did one years ago. During the training I asked the instructor "how long
would I have if my main chute failed and I had to deploy the reserve
chute (after waiting the statuary 6 secs) before I hit the ground (if the
reserve didn't work)", he replied "17 secs".
Everyone gulped. After hearing that, two out the three girls on the
course decided that they wouldn't jump :-)
This was from 2,500 ft.

In reality 17 seconds is a very long time when all you have to do is
deploy your reserve. But for a low-time jumper the issue is one of being
able to keep it all together sufficiently to actually get the reserve out
in the event of a total malfunction. There are/were devices known as AODs
(automatic opening devices) that could be fitted to reserves and would
activate the reserve if the jumper was still in free fall at 2,000 feet,
but these were not fitted to student parachute rigs as it was said they
generated a "false sense of security" for the parachutist. It's probably
different now.

--
Nige Danton - Replace the obvious with g.m.a.i.l
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/05/2014 12:02, Nige Danton wrote:
Bod wrote:

[...]

Indeed, I agree with all of that.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/05/2014 15:55, Brian Gaff wrote:
Because I am thinking of booking this

http://www.ukparachuting.co.uk/tandem

for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to
going on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.

Done a few jumps .... but no tandem .... personally I think the buz is
about getting the training, real good 'bonding' while doing the fan
training jumps, exit drills etc.
Then when you do your first static line jump it's all about you .... you
having the balls to sit in the door way and push yourself out .... not
doing it the wimpy way with an instructor strapped on your back.

For a Stag Do .... Lap Dancing sounds much safer option.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/05/2014 00:27, Rod Speed wrote:

Might be hard to find lap dancers who are
fully qualified tandem jump parachutists tho.

And even harder to find any prepared to jump
close to stark naked like they usually lap dance.

It's not so much having the problem getting them to jump stark naked
..... it's stopping them from whistling on the way down.