Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default T-bolt supplier?

Anyone know where I can obtain some bolts like items B and C in the
picture on this page:
http://www.leevalley.com/en/Hardware...576,61994&ap=1
( http://goo.gl/9DNp3X in case the link is broken )

I need M6 thread with 10mm across flats on the head.
Hours of Googling has turned up nothing in the UK, anyone got any ideas?

(Before anyone suggests it, an M6 bolt works fine for semi-permanent
fitting, but is not satisfactory where you need it to slide freely in
the track)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

pcb1962 wrote :
Anyone know where I can obtain some bolts like items B and C in the picture
on this page:
http://www.leevalley.com/en/Hardware...576,61994&ap=1
( http://goo.gl/9DNp3X in case the link is broken )

I need M6 thread with 10mm across flats on the head.
Hours of Googling has turned up nothing in the UK, anyone got any ideas?

(Before anyone suggests it, an M6 bolt works fine for semi-permanent fitting,
but is not satisfactory where you need it to slide freely in the track)

Depending on how many, could you not just get some roofing bolts and
grind the heads to suit?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Anyone know where I can obtain some bolts like items B and C in the
picture on this page:
http://www.leevalley.com/en/Hardware...576,61994&ap=1
( http://goo.gl/9DNp3X in case the link is broken )

I need M6 thread with 10mm across flats on the head.
Hours of Googling has turned up nothing in the UK, anyone got any ideas?

(Before anyone suggests it, an M6 bolt works fine for semi-permanent
fitting, but is not satisfactory where you need it to slide freely in the
track)

I needed some of those to fit tracking in the greenhouse. Made my own by
grinding to shape some dome headed ones on the bench grinder.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pcb1962 wrote:
Anyone know where I can obtain some bolts like items B and C in the
picture on this page:
http://www.leevalley.com/en/Hardware...576,61994&ap=1
( http://goo.gl/9DNp3X in case the link is broken )

I need M6 thread with 10mm across flats on the head.
Hours of Googling has turned up nothing in the UK, anyone got any ideas?

Can do you an M6 bolt with 8mm head:
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/connec...nents/3900307/
or M8 bolt with 10mm head:
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/connec...nents/3900313/

You probably won't like the prices though.

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/04/14 16:04, Theo Markettos wrote:

Can do you an M6 bolt with 8mm head:
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/connec...nents/3900307/
or M8 bolt with 10mm head:
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/connec...nents/3900313/

You probably won't like the prices though.

Theo

I saw those but they're not what I'm looking for, they are designed to
be inserted in the track at any point then rotated 90 degrees and the
nut done up for a permanent fixing. To slide well they need a lot more
surface in contact with the inner face of the track.
However on the same page I've just noticed these:
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/connec...nents/3900363/
which look like they will be perfect with a piece of M6 stud loctited in.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/04/2014 15:16, Muddymike wrote:
Anyone know where I can obtain some bolts like items B and C in the
picture on this page:
http://www.leevalley.com/en/Hardware...576,61994&ap=1

( http://goo.gl/9DNp3X in case the link is broken )

I need M6 thread with 10mm across flats on the head.
Hours of Googling has turned up nothing in the UK, anyone got any ideas?

(Before anyone suggests it, an M6 bolt works fine for semi-permanent
fitting, but is not satisfactory where you need it to slide freely in
the track)

I needed some of those to fit tracking in the greenhouse. Made my own by
grinding to shape some dome headed ones on the bench grinder.

Mike

If you want the proper greenhouse bolts Alloy T bolts .... there are
loads of places on line ... I bought some packs last year.

9/16 X 18 tpi bolt? [email protected] Metalworking 10 September 11th 07 06:21 PM
Odd Bolt ? qrk Electronic Schematics 3 March 14th 07 05:44 AM
Bolt, 10-24 Don Dando Woodworking 4 August 10th 06 04:52 PM
How do I tell what bolt I need? TC UK diy 12 April 21st 06 11:47 PM
Why heat bolt and not around bolt? Don Metalworking 21 March 12th 04 11:07 PM