Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is your Samsung SMART TV down ?

I have a Samsung 46es6800 Smart TV.

BBCiPlayer, Ch4 player etc all complaining of no internet connection
(on known good wired Ethernet connection)

Spent a fun Hr trying to reset & reload Samsung SMART Hub ... and have
now found that others have same problem, there is a fire in a Samsung
factory in S.Korea that has taken Samsung Smart Hub service off line.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/20/s...tage-sds-fire/

Does this sound plausible ?

I would have expected that the TV would connect via ISP for it's media
content, and certainly not have to stream via S.Korea.
Fair enough you have to load app from app sore that is in S,Korea ...
but once you have it, would not expect to go outside country for content.

My phone (Samsung GS4) is working fine ...