Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What is a likely wait for an electricity meter change?

A non-indigenous administratively-inept friend who buys electricity from The Utility Warehouse (TUW) has at present a single white electricity meter which is fed with pseudo-money by inserting a blue key. Apparently that system charges about 16p/kWh, 24 hours per day.

Two or three months ago, we asked TUW by letter for the metering to be changed to Economy 7, which is expected to reduce the rate to about 6p/kWh from about 00:30 GMT to 07:30 GMT. We sent a reminder letter to TUW a month ago.

But nothing has yet happened, apart from TUW paying in the deposit cheque.

My friend has, or can find, no little TUW booklet or similar about service response times; I have an EDF booklet, but it does not cover the case.

What response time should we expect / are we entitled to - by reference to any or all of TUW's material, that of another supplier, or Ofgem etc.?

--
SL
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

[...]

Good luck is all I can say! I gave TUW the boot from two sets of commercial
premises solely as their communications and admin were atrocious. The few
coppers saved by their tariff wasn't worth the hassle that they caused me.

Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 1 April 2014 19:29:25 UTC+1, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 1 Apr 2014 07:06:32 -0700 (PDT), SL wrote:

Two or three months ago, we asked TUW by letter for the metering to be
changed to Economy 7, which is expected to reduce the rate to about
6p/kWh from about 00:30 GMT to 07:30 GMT.

What response time should we expect / are we entitled to - by
reference to any or all of TUW's material, that of another supplier, or
Ofgem etc.?

There are standards and response times that the supplies are supposed
to meet, I'd have a dig about on the Ofgem site.

It is a very affable site; but it had not revealed any solid facts on the matter.

--
SL