Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Humax TV problem

I have a Humax LU23 LCD TV where the FreeView tuner died. The analogue one
still worked - but of course no analogue anymore. When attempting to find
stations, it would tune through the analogue band, then switch to FreeView
and stop. Common problem with them, I've found, after Googling. The SCART
input etc still works just fine and it has an excellent picture.

Bought a used 'motherboard' which includes the tuner from Ebay which
sorted it. For all of a day. ;-(

Next time I tried it, flashing screen and nothing worked at all. So I'd
guess that board had an intermittent but different fault?

Before I junk it I'm considering swapping the tuner assembly from the
'new' board to the old - that's about all i can try as everything else is
surface mount. Or is the control which makes it tune etc likely to come
from somewhere else? I can't find a schematic for it anywhere.

--
*Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 11:37:37 +0000 (GMT)
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

*Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.*

Alas, the reservations came later, after they had been forced from their
ancestral lands.
The White Men had no reservations about killing the Indians, though.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

Before I junk it I'm considering swapping the tuner assembly from the
'new' board to the old - that's about all i can try as everything else is
surface mount. Or is the control which makes it tune etc likely to come
from somewhere else? I can't find a schematic for it anywhere.

Unless someone has experience with this particular tuner, it's very much
'suck it and see' Obviously the RF tuner is just that, it doesn't
care whether it's analogue or digital tv, but it's whether the DVBT
decoder is integrated into the tuner, or not.
I guess a clue is how many pins it has...

I know, grannys eggs and such, but have you 'scoped the PSU lines for hash?

Humax TV fault Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 4 March 21st 13 06:13 PM
Moving Humax PVR Files Rick Hughes[_5_] UK diy 7 May 8th 12 10:28 PM
Humax Foxsat HDR box MuddyMike UK diy 6 March 20th 11 03:09 PM
Aluminum soffit installation problem-How would the pros handle this problem? Me Home Repair 3 July 31st 08 12:42 PM
Septic system problem-pump out or drain field problem? Arthur Davis Home Repair 2 January 12th 05 02:17 AM