DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Humax TV problem (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/368979-humax-tv-problem.html)

Dave Plowman (News) March 19th 14 11:37 AM

Humax TV problem

I have a Humax LU23 LCD TV where the FreeView tuner died. The analogue one
still worked - but of course no analogue anymore. When attempting to find
stations, it would tune through the analogue band, then switch to FreeView
and stop. Common problem with them, I've found, after Googling. The SCART
input etc still works just fine and it has an excellent picture.

Bought a used 'motherboard' which includes the tuner from Ebay which
sorted it. For all of a day. ;-(

Next time I tried it, flashing screen and nothing worked at all. So I'd
guess that board had an intermittent but different fault?

Before I junk it I'm considering swapping the tuner assembly from the
'new' board to the old - that's about all i can try as everything else is
surface mount. Or is the control which makes it tune etc likely to come
from somewhere else? I can't find a schematic for it anywhere.

--
*Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Davey March 19th 14 12:16 PM

Humax TV problem

On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 11:37:37 +0000 (GMT)
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

*Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.*

Alas, the reservations came later, after they had been forced from their
ancestral lands.
The White Men had no reservations about killing the Indians, though.

--
Davey.

Lee March 19th 14 12:22 PM

Humax TV problem

Before I junk it I'm considering swapping the tuner assembly from the
'new' board to the old - that's about all i can try as everything else is
surface mount. Or is the control which makes it tune etc likely to come
from somewhere else? I can't find a schematic for it anywhere.

Unless someone has experience with this particular tuner, it's very much
'suck it and see' :( Obviously the RF tuner is just that, it doesn't
care whether it's analogue or digital tv, but it's whether the DVBT
decoder is integrated into the tuner, or not.
I guess a clue is how many pins it has...

I know, grannys eggs and such, but have you 'scoped the PSU lines for hash?