Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What mobile phone company's sim should I buy to get free 0800 numbers?

I am with LycaMobile and the PAYG costs an arm and a leg to phone 0800 0845 etc.

Are there any sims I can buy rather than spend another fiver trying to tempt Scottish Electricity to send me a meter key before I change suppliers?

(Point to note don't bother getting a new supplier before you settle with the previous not even if you are just moving in. ESPECIALLY if you are just moving in.)

I just found out about 2 or 3 weeks into the new arrangement that the ******s at Utility Dick**** Warehouse won't be helping me out until the 28th.
I could have moved in weeks ago if I had realised that. What a bloody fool I am.
I really want to hurt someone for the pain this has caused.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 11/02/2014 15:00, Weatherlawyer wrote:
I am with LycaMobile and the PAYG costs an arm and a leg to phone 0800 0845 etc.

Are there any sims I can buy rather than spend another fiver trying to tempt Scottish Electricity to send me a meter key before I change suppliers?

(Point to note don't bother getting a new supplier before you settle with the previous not even if you are just moving in. ESPECIALLY if you are just moving in.)

I just found out about 2 or 3 weeks into the new arrangement that the ******s at Utility Dick**** Warehouse won't be helping me out until the 28th.
I could have moved in weeks ago if I had realised that. What a bloody fool I am.
I really want to hurt someone for the pain this has caused.

I am pretty sure that GiffGaff is free to 0800.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , GB
writes
[...]

Yup.

There are also services that will let you make 0800 (and some o845/0870
etc.) calls using your standard payg landline calls rates or inclusive
minutes.

A couple I've used:

http://www.weq4u.co.uk/

http://www.0800buster.co.uk/
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/2014 15:00, Weatherlawyer wrote:

I am with LycaMobile and the PAYG costs an arm and a leg to phone
0800 0845 etc.

Familymobile will do PAYG where calls to 0800 are the same price as
normal national calls (currently 8p/min)

Are there any sims I can buy rather than spend another fiver trying
to tempt Scottish Electricity to send me a meter key before I change
suppliers?

Have you tried saynoto0870 to see if there is a geographic number
available for who you are calling?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks to John and GB for their prompt replies. will try asking at a local phone shop the owner is one of those experts.

I had forgotten about the say no to numbers. I will try that tonight.
Thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/2014 15:00, Weatherlawyer wrote:
I am with LycaMobile and the PAYG costs an arm and a leg to phone 0800 0845 etc.

GiffGaff?
http://giffgaff.com/index/pricing