Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lieberr, I didn't mean it literally

TNP
"The goods associated with this order have not arrived after 22 days.

Please contact with a reasonable excuse, or I will have to seek refunds

Yours etc"

LIEBHERR
"Good Morning

We are very sorry for the delay in getting the parts for you,
unfortunately our building had a major fire on the 15th January which
meant all stock was lost and we are slowly getting items back in. I will
see if we can get these parts expedited for you."

I SUPPOSE that is a reasonable excuse...

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I SUPPOSE that is a reasonable excuse...

Yes, but I note you didn't specify a *true* reasonable excuse so if they
did likewise.......
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/14 23:31, Robin wrote:
I SUPPOSE that is a reasonable excuse...

Yes, but I note you didn't specify a *true* reasonable excuse so if they
did likewise.......

well yes, that had occurred to me..

Its like the time Lorna someone or other at prep school hadn't learn her
part in the School Play.

Why?

"The parrot ate my script"!

Sure enough it had pecked the bejasus out of it. I often wondered if it
was 'assisted' to do that...

OTOH years and years later a friend had a parrot. It totally destroyed
the TV.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29 Jan 2014, The Natural Philosopher grunted:

Its like the time Lorna someone or other at prep school hadn't learn her
part in the School Play.

Why?

"The parrot ate my script"!

My son gained legendary status in his class at school for using the excuse
"the cat peed on it" when asked for his homework...

....whereupon he then produced said homework in a polythene bag. The teacher
declined, but did let him off any punishment.

--
David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/14 23:31, Robin wrote:
I SUPPOSE that is a reasonable excuse...

Yes, but I note you didn't specify a *true* reasonable excuse so if they
did likewise.......

well yes, that had occurred to me..

Its like the time Lorna someone or other at prep school hadn't learn her
part in the School Play.

Why?

"The parrot ate my script"!

Sure enough it had pecked the bejasus out of it. I often wondered if it
was 'assisted' to do that...

OTOH years and years later a friend had a parrot. It totally destroyed
the TV.

We had a parrot at school in the biology class. It once got out and
attacked a tin of green paint overnight and the results were amazing.

A friend had a pet shop and kept back the runt of a litter of parrots
(defect in the beak) as his own pet. The thing was fine apart from a
tendency to go after these long worms that come out of appliances.

It added several more gaps to its beak before it learnt not to bite
through mains cables. Suffered no long term ill effects and lived to a
ripe old age (and indeed may still be going) not seen him for ages.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

OTOH years and years later a friend had a parrot. It totally destroyed
the TV.

This is quite common. The owners keep the parrot in the living room to
one side of the television. They then tend to be the sort of people to
only watch the 10 o'clock news, Newsnight, Panorama, etc and the poor
old bird, unable to see things squarely, eventually becomes convinced
that everything has a left wing bias....

--
Scott

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Scott M put finger to keyboard:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

OTOH years and years later a friend had a parrot. It totally destroyed
the TV.

This is quite common. The owners keep the parrot in the living room to
one side of the television. They then tend to be the sort of people to
only watch the 10 o'clock news, Newsnight, Panorama, etc and the poor
old bird, unable to see things squarely, eventually becomes convinced
that everything has a left wing bias....

Would it then fly in circles?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Scott M
writes

This is quite common. The owners keep the parrot in the living room to
one side of the television. They then tend to be the sort of people to
only watch the 10 o'clock news, Newsnight, Panorama, etc and the poor
old bird, unable to see things squarely, eventually becomes convinced
that everything has a left wing bias....

*groan*

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 10:41:42 +0000, Scott M
wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

OTOH years and years later a friend had a parrot. It totally destroyed
the TV.

This is quite common. The owners keep the parrot in the living room to
one side of the television. They then tend to be the sort of people to
only watch the 10 o'clock news, Newsnight, Panorama, etc and the poor
old bird, unable to see things squarely, eventually becomes convinced
that everything has a left wing bias....

He wasn't called Bill, was he?
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robin wrote:
I SUPPOSE that is a reasonable excuse...

Yes, but I note you didn't specify a *true* reasonable excuse so if
they did likewise.......

Would this be proof enough?

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/c...fire-1-5811057

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/14 00:20, Woodworm wrote:
Robin wrote:
I SUPPOSE that is a reasonable excuse...

Yes, but I note you didn't specify a *true* reasonable excuse so if
they did likewise.......

Would this be proof enough?

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/c...fire-1-5811057

Umm. Yes I think that counts as 'reasonable'.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robin wrote:
I SUPPOSE that is a reasonable excuse...

Yes, but I note you didn't specify a *true* reasonable excuse so if
they did likewise.......

Would this be proof enough?

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/c...fire-1-5811057

Umm. Yes I think that counts as 'reasonable'.

The Milton Keynes Citizen? What on earth was wrong with calling it
Citizen Keyne? I'll get my coat.

--
Scott

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , The Natural Philosopher
writes
TNP
"The goods associated with this order have not arrived after 22 days.

Please contact with a reasonable excuse, or I will have to seek refunds

Yours etc"

An excuse is, 'my goldfish ate my homework'.

If you want to chase a supplier in an non inflamatorysic way for a non
delivery then you need to ask them for a valid _reason_ why the delivery
has been delayed.

--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .