Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lamp parts - gooseneck

I'm after some parts to make a couple of clip on gooseneck LED desk
lamps.

There's *nothing* in the shops (inc online) that I like. Prettiness is
irrelevant - I want sturdy.

Does anyone happen to know of a source of:

Goosenecks (looking for something suitable to run a cable inside - not
sure if microphone goosenecks are suitable). Also want about 2ft length.

Base clips that clamp onto table edges and can have said gooseneck
bolted to them.

Lamp heads - not too fussy - ES, GX53, GU10, any other 240V head.
I'd rather fit a generic mains LED to a plain simple base than wibble
about with wallwarts. Not even bothered about shades, though an ES/BC
fitting would probably take a generic shade.

It's my intention that this will be a Class I (earthed) appliance.

Yes - sorry - it's half arsed DIY - I'm looking for a few modules I can
configure to what I want rather than actually making stuff (no time).

Cheers!

Tim

http://www.sensorly.com/ Crowd mapping of 2G/3G/4G mobile signal
coverage