Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default One off cct board creation

It's been about 20 years since I did anything significant in the way of
a cct board manufacture, other than one or two components on off cuts of
veroboard.

I have a small project where I will be interfacing 18 mains AC signals
to a capacitor voltage drop cct to have an LED indicator for state of
the mains (multi zone heating system)

Decided on the cct components, have tested via Breadboard and all works
fine ... I have the component and some 'solder in place' connector
terminals for the mains signals.
(not very complex ... it's this x 18 using common N rail )

http://tinyurl.com/qdj9lh3

Now in the past I have used Vero board and just drawn it out on graph
paper, and then after a few attempts at layout on paper have created a
board.

In this case I would need to start with reasonably neat even spacing of
the LED's as they will have to 'poke' thru a plastic box lid, and then
work components & connectors to suit.

Obviously since my last creation PC's and software abound, is there any
good free PC layout software for veroboard ? ... or is there a
neater/better/simpler way to do this one off board.
It would seem uneconomic to create a pcb due to cost of etching materials.

OT - Job creation Idea John UK diy 11 September 3rd 10 03:11 AM
My Creation Your appreciation hi[_2_] Metalworking 0 November 25th 09 10:28 AM
#OT# an example of spondulick creation for a loss-loan reserve axolotl Metalworking 10 January 29th 09 02:24 PM
Table Creation [email protected] Woodworking 0 January 8th 07 03:12 AM
Cost for septic creation? nospambob Home Repair 2 October 20th 05 02:20 PM