Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default OT The best things in life are free

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
djc wrote:
My mother always said 'If you are from North of the River you can
never be happy south of it. It's true, I get lost south of the
river. I once drove from Greenwich intenting to go over London
Bridge, I ended up in Wandsworth and finally reached civilised parts
via Putney bridge.

Sounds like you were following the South Circular - never a good
idea. ;-)

As I found out 2 weeks ago.

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Capitol wrote:
ARW wrote:

I was meaning the chippie south of the river. And what is wrong with
south of the river. I loved East Dulwich

Whilst you are in the Smoke, I would recommend buying a ticket for
Jeeves and Wooster(farce, bit like UKdiy!) at the Duke of York
theatre. We went today and thought that performances from all the
actors was better than anything we've seen for a great many years.
Laughed for 2 hours!

About 15 minutes walk away from work. Could be worth a shot. A pity that the
one apprentice that would have liked that is off ill.

--
Adam

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Capitol wrote:
ARW wrote:

I was meaning the chippie south of the river. And what is wrong with
south of the river. I loved East Dulwich

Whilst you are in the Smoke, I would recommend buying a ticket for
Jeeves and Wooster(farce, bit like UKdiy!) at the Duke of York
theatre. We went today and thought that performances from all the
actors was better than anything we've seen for a great many years.
Laughed for 2 hours!

About 15 minutes walk away from work. Could be worth a shot. A pity that the
one apprentice that would have liked that is off ill.

--
Adam

---

Further comment. We have never seen such perfect performances ever on
the London stage.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2014 23:03, polygonum wrote:
On 29/01/2014 22:47, Vir Campestris wrote:

Once in France I had a dish described as "Saumonette" (~= little salmon).

I didn't like it much.

Had to look that up!

I didn't have a dictionary when I walked into the restaurant. Well, not
except SWMBO, and she didn't know it either.

Andy