Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stupid pressurised heating systems

I'm fed up with this junk. Boiler and heating system only four years old
but it lost pressure twice today and I had to do the manual top-up on
the boiler. The second time the pressure went to down completely to zero
on the gauge.

I can't see any leaks. Could be anywhere - under the floor, in the loft,
who knows...

It's a stupid bloody idea. When I had a new boiler fitted this last
summer in my rental house, I insisted on having a gravity-fed boiler so
that I wouldn't be forced to pressurise the system and modify any of the
pipework at all beyond the fitting of the boiler.

I really wish I'd done that at home. I'm sick of the stupidity of
topping up a system by hand when we discovered the heating hasn't come
on, but with absolutely no indication of where the system might be leaking.

Stupid, all of it.

I'm just surrounded by junk that doesn't work. Doesn't matter whether
it's made in China, the UK, or elsewhere, and it doesn't matter whether
it was worked on by local people, Polish people, people from
who-knows-where - *everything* is just bloody shoddy and poorly designed

Ovesn go wrong. Switch on the kettle breaks. Children's roller skates
(Christmas present) break on only the third use. Relatively new plumbing
just doesn't hold pressure...that's hardly the half of it...the list of
useless, dysfunctional crap is just endless.

Michael