Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Triton T80si shower dripping from outlet

Our Triton T80si has started to drip from the outlet (that feeds the shower
head). The drip continues with the electric supply turned off.

There are no obvious internal leaks when I remove the outer casing.

Searching the web suggests a number of things that it MIGHT be, but I can't
seem to find anything which either (1) suggests what it is MOST LIKELY to
be, or (2) a set of diagnostic tests/procedures to go through to determine
where the problem actually lies.

So I'm throwing myself on the collective of uk.d-i-y for any suggestions.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Philip explained on 04/01/2014 :
Our Triton T80si has started to drip from the outlet (that feeds the shower
head). The drip continues with the electric supply turned off.

There are no obvious internal leaks when I remove the outer casing.

Searching the web suggests a number of things that it MIGHT be, but I can't
seem to find anything which either (1) suggests what it is MOST LIKELY to
be, or (2) a set of diagnostic tests/procedures to go through to determine
where the problem actually lies.

So I'm throwing myself on the collective of uk.d-i-y for any suggestions.

If you drop the shower head down, so it drains, does it restart
dripping eventually ? If so I would suggest the solenoid valve is
leaking. If it doesn't, it is possibly the sealing washer between
flexible pipe and the shower unit outlet.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sounds like hard water issues perhaps?

Brian

Email:

"harryagain" wrote in message

"Philip" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

[...]

Thanks for the very quicky reply!

Yes - I have unscrewed the hose going to the shower head at the shower
end,
and it's dripping from the outlet at the bottom of the shower with the
hose
disconnected.

So a new solenoid valve is the first thing that I should try?

You may find one of the two holes in the diaphragm in the solenoid valve
wants clearing.
If it's blocked the valve won't close.
One hole in the centre, one (very small) halfway between centre and edge
of diaphragm.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to fred, Shaun wrote:
Just to add to this thread. I have just had exactly the same problem.

I just very lightly tapped the solenoid a few times on each side with a
spanner and for some reason the drip has totally stopped.

So potentially worth trying before purchasing a new one. I assume I somehow
cleared the blockage by gentle tapping.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...et-947205-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tapping the solenoid with a screwdriver stopped the dripping for me! Assume likewise that something small was blocking it from fully closing.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...et-947205-.htm

Microswitches for Triton shower Clive George UK diy 10 January 15th 10 07:48 PM
One of those weeks/Triton Shower Clint Sharp UK diy 4 April 3rd 09 12:02 AM
Leaking Triton Shower Thomarse UK diy 0 December 12th 06 10:18 AM
Triton Power Shower Dragon77 UK diy 0 January 22nd 05 09:52 PM
Triton T80 Shower cutting out..... BAH UK diy 6 July 11th 03 03:51 PM