BAH

Default Triton T80 Shower cutting out.....

Any Triton T80 experience out there please?

The shower has just started to cut out, at random times during use. It
works again some time later. I've tried cleaning out the head, reducing and
increasing water pressure, various temperatures and there appears no reason
other than:

-is there a cut-out facility that has maybe got tired? And of so, it
repairable/replaceable?

I'm reluctant to replace since I recall when I put this one in I had trouble
re-routing the plumbing and wiring (pity there's no standard for the
position of shower unit connections! ?) (or is there a modern replacement
with the same position connections?)

Please save me from two teenagers screaming "the shower's packed up"!

Thanks
BAH

R P McMurphy

cant be totally sure....but if you live in a hard water area like me....its
probably gone tits up! like mine did. how old is it?

rpm

"BAH" wrote in message
| Any Triton T80 experience out there please?
|
| The shower has just started to cut out, at random times during use. It
| works again some time later. I've tried cleaning out the head, reducing
and
| increasing water pressure, various temperatures and there appears no
reason
| other than:
|
| -is there a cut-out facility that has maybe got tired? And of so, it
| repairable/replaceable?
|
| I'm reluctant to replace since I recall when I put this one in I had
trouble
| re-routing the plumbing and wiring (pity there's no standard for the
| position of shower unit connections! ?) (or is there a modern replacement
| with the same position connections?)
|
| Please save me from two teenagers screaming "the shower's packed up"!
|
| Thanks
| BAH

BAH

"R P McMurphy" wrote in message
cant be totally sure....but if you live in a hard water area like

me....its
probably gone tits up! like mine did. how old is it?

rpm

It seems like I changed it just a few months ago but SWMBO reckons it's
about 8 years old.
Water not particularly hard in the West Midlands (but not particularly soft
either).

"BAH" wrote in message
| Any Triton T80 experience out there please?
|
| The shower has just started to cut out, at random times during use. It
| works again some time later. I've tried cleaning out the head, reducing
and
| increasing water pressure, various temperatures and there appears no
reason
| other than:
|
| -is there a cut-out facility that has maybe got tired? And of so,

it
| repairable/replaceable?
|
| I'm reluctant to replace since I recall when I put this one in I had
trouble
| re-routing the plumbing and wiring (pity there's no standard for the
| position of shower unit connections! ?) (or is there a modern

replacement
| with the same position connections?)
|
| Please save me from two teenagers screaming "the shower's packed up"!
|
| Thanks
| BAH

BigWallop

"BAH" wrote in message
[...]

Hi BAH,

Make sure that outlets are clean and clear, i.e. the shower hose isn't
twisted or has collapsed, and that all electrical connections are fully made
with no arcing occurring in switches or from the supply breaker.

The main cause I've seen for this is that the hose is beginning to perish
and needs replaced. If you have the type of hose that is rubber tube wound
over with metal cladding, then look along it's length for any bits that are
crushed or opening up and trapping the rubber hose inside.

If the outlet hose is restricting the flow, the water is staying to long in
the heater tank and this makes the thermostat cut out, so is one of the
major culprits with the symptoms you're describing.

Good luck with it.

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Stuart

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 18:15:00 GMT, "BAH" wrote:

Any Triton T80 experience out there please?

The shower has just started to cut out, at random times during use. It
works again some time later. I've tried cleaning out the head, reducing and
increasing water pressure, various temperatures and there appears no reason
other than:

-is there a cut-out facility that has maybe got tired? And of so, it
repairable/replaceable?

I'm reluctant to replace since I recall when I put this one in I had trouble
re-routing the plumbing and wiring (pity there's no standard for the
position of shower unit connections! ?) (or is there a modern replacement
with the same position connections?)

Please save me from two teenagers screaming "the shower's packed up"!

Thanks
BAH

I cant offer any opinion as to what the problem might be caused by but as
far as I know spares are still avaiable from triton or The Shower Doctor
in Edinburgh .
I have a Triton T80 that I previously used -it's problem was that I had to
keep turning the temperature control up nearly to its highest position to
get a decent heat so I replaced it .
If its any good to you I can send it for the cost of the postage .
Let me know if its any good to you.
Stuart
---------

Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me

Stuart

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 23:14:33 +0100, "L Reid"
wrote:

If you thought the Triton 80 was bad, you should try the 70 (as fitted in my
4 year old flat originally).

"Stuart" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Homebase are doing a Triton Ivory 8.5KW on the 18th July at 62 -its their
10% off day .
Stuart
---------

Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me

Leaky AquaLisa shower AlexL UK diy 3 July 9th 03 09:27 AM
Electric Shower problem Jase UK diy 1 July 6th 03 12:59 PM
Advice on which shower mixer? Lee Blaver UK diy 7 July 6th 03 12:39 PM
Electric shower - what rating? Alec UK diy 2 July 5th 03 08:45 PM
Is my electric shower about to fail? BigWallop UK diy 2 July 5th 03 01:57 AM