Posted to uk.d-i-y
Philip Philip is offline

Default Triton T80si shower dripping from outlet

In article ,
says...

Philip explained on 04/01/2014 :
Our Triton T80si has started to drip from the outlet (that feeds the shower
head). The drip continues with the electric supply turned off.

There are no obvious internal leaks when I remove the outer casing.

Searching the web suggests a number of things that it MIGHT be, but I can't
seem to find anything which either (1) suggests what it is MOST LIKELY to
be, or (2) a set of diagnostic tests/procedures to go through to determine
where the problem actually lies.

So I'm throwing myself on the collective of uk.d-i-y for any suggestions.

If you drop the shower head down, so it drains, does it restart
dripping eventually ? If so I would suggest the solenoid valve is
leaking. If it doesn't, it is possibly the sealing washer between
flexible pipe and the shower unit outlet.

Thanks for the very quicky reply!

Yes - I have unscrewed the hose going to the shower head at the shower end,
and it's dripping from the outlet at the bottom of the shower with the hose
disconnected.

So a new solenoid valve is the first thing that I should try?