Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default No pouches in B+Q

I walked into the B+Q at Hanley. looking for a simple pouch -or maybe to buy a cheap belt and pouch:

Where will I find the pouches?

What pouches

Nail pouches or thing like that

We don't sell pouches

Tool belt, then

No, we don't sell anything like that.

I wondered around the store thinking "*ing idiot!"

Then I went to Wickes' feeling a stupid idiot.
And Wickes' didn't have one either. By this time Tool Station had closed so I went home wondering "Did they expect me to buy a 50 quid pair of trousers with suitable pockets?" becasue that's all both stores had. I'm a silly fool not a stupid one.

Come March, when I won't need one, every garden centre/DIY shop will be flooded with them. Aja caramba.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:
I walked into the B+Q at Hanley. looking for a simple pouch -or maybe to
buy a cheap belt and pouch:

Where will I find the pouches?

What pouches

Nail pouches or thing like that

We don't sell pouches

Tool belt, then

No, we don't sell anything like that.

I wondered around the store thinking "*ing idiot!"

Then I went to Wickes' feeling a stupid idiot.
And Wickes' didn't have one either. By this time Tool Station had closed
so I went home wondering "Did they expect me to buy a 50 quid pair of
trousers with suitable pockets?" becasue that's all both stores had. I'm
a silly fool not a stupid one.

Come March, when I won't need one, every garden centre/DIY shop will be
flooded with them. Aja caramba.

Or just visit eBay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11-POCKET-...-/280910922487

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:

I walked into the B+Q at Hanley. looking for a simple pouch -or maybe to buy a cheap belt and pouch:

Where will I find the pouches?
We don't sell pouches

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/tool-storage-workbenches/tool-belts-pouches/tool_belts___pouches

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:
I walked into the B+Q at Hanley. looking for a simple pouch -or maybe to buy a cheap belt and pouch:
Then I went to Wickes' feeling a stupid idiot.
And Wickes' didn't have one either. By this time Tool Station had closed so I went home wondering
"Did they expecte to buy a 50 quid pair of trousers with suitable pockets?" becasue that's all
both stores had. I'm a silly fool not a stupid one.
Come March, when I won't need one, every garden centre/DIY shop will be flooded with them. Aja caramba.

Do you have a Screwfix near you?
http://www.screwfix.com/c/tools/tool...ders/cat831372
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yup, know the feeling. I have two pairs of M/S trousers, perfectly
servicable and bought five years ago. They both have an extra zip pocket
inside the main pocket. I like this a lot for safety, now, can I get
anything like that now, Of course not. Oh, nobody does those any more and
they try to sell you those horrible things with zips all over them instead.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
I walked into the B+Q at Hanley. looking for a simple pouch -or maybe to
buy a cheap belt and pouch:

Where will I find the pouches?

What pouches

Nail pouches or thing like that

We don't sell pouches

Tool belt, then

No, we don't sell anything like that.

I wondered around the store thinking "*ing idiot!"

Then I went to Wickes' feeling a stupid idiot.
And Wickes' didn't have one either. By this time Tool Station had closed
so I went home wondering "Did they expect me to buy a 50 quid pair of
trousers with suitable pockets?" becasue that's all both stores had. I'm a
silly fool not a stupid one.

Come March, when I won't need one, every garden centre/DIY shop will be
flooded with them. Aja caramba.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 6 December 2013 20:48:11 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/tool-storage-workbenches/tool-belts-pouches/tool_belts___pouches

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/tool-stor...Apron-11567531
Explains a lot.
£20 for a pair of small pockets that don't quite allow you to grab hold of anything inside them and even smaller ones on the outside of those; all of which would strain under the ample girth of any self respecting tradesman..

But even the skinny, long time unrespectable, **** artist would manage to break the flimsy polythene clip in no time.
The boy I spoke to was wearing one of those B+Q orange aprons, with decent enough pockets on. Where can I get an old fashioned pinafore?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
I walked into the B+Q at Hanley. looking for a simple pouch -or maybe to
buy a cheap belt and pouch:

Where will I find the pouches?

What pouches

Nail pouches or thing like that

We don't sell pouches

Tool belt, then

No, we don't sell anything like that.

I wondered around the store thinking "*ing idiot!"

Then I went to Wickes' feeling a stupid idiot.
And Wickes' didn't have one either. By this time Tool Station had closed
so I went home wondering "Did they expect me to buy a 50 quid pair of
trousers with suitable pockets?" becasue that's all both stores had. I'm a
silly fool not a stupid one.

Come March, when I won't need one, every garden centre/DIY shop will be
flooded with them. Aja caramba.

This is a DIY group.
Get your wife to make one.
Mine makes all that sort of stuff.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/12/2013 8:55 AM, harryagain wrote:
[...]

Quite. Mine took me a quarter of an hour with some tough cloth, a piece
of rope for a belt, and a sewing machine. Contrary to popular opinion,
it is possible for a bloke to operate one of those, but if we continue
to play stupid, the Ladies (bless 'em) will continue to do it for us :-)

--
Bob - Tetbury, Gloucestershire, UK

Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid
you. - Winston Churchill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, December 7, 2013 8:55:01 AM UTC, harry wrote:

This is a DIY group.
Get your wife to make one.

or do it yourself

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/12/2013 12:04, Bob Henson wrote:
Quite. Mine took me a quarter of an hour with some tough cloth, a piece
of rope for a belt, and a sewing machine. Contrary to popular opinion,
it is possible for a bloke to operate one of those, but if we continue
to play stupid, the Ladies (bless 'em) will continue to do it for us:-)

I have a pre-war treadle machine that will sew anything. Even jeans.
SWMBO hates sewing, but I learned so I could mend sails.

Andy

Tool Pouches dave12345 Woodworking 1 July 1st 07 01:45 AM
Replacement Tool Pouches Joe Home Repair 3 June 15th 06 01:58 PM