Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower head dismantle

We have a chrome finished shower spray on the end of a flexi hose. I think
it was from Sainsbury's or Homebase. One setting is supposed to give a
pulsating spray - now it doesn't and some water leaks from the outer ring
of holes.

I wish I could just get inside it to see if I can fix anything - but it
seems to have no means of dismantling. I suppose the plate with the spray
holes might prize out - but it doesn't seem willing - and needs to resist
the water pressure so must be held firmly.

I suppose I may have to replace it unless anyone can offer a suggestion to
my vague discription of it

--

DerbyBorn
Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn put finger to keyboard:

We have a chrome finished shower spray on the end of a flexi hose. I
think it was from Sainsbury's or Homebase. One setting is supposed to
give a pulsating spray - now it doesn't and some water leaks from the
outer ring of holes.

I wish I could just get inside it to see if I can fix anything - but it
seems to have no means of dismantling. I suppose the plate with the
spray holes might prize out - but it doesn't seem willing - and needs to
resist the water pressure so must be held firmly.

I suppose I may have to replace it unless anyone can offer a suggestion
to my vague discription of it

If it's one of those ones where you turn the head for different spray
patterns, it is normal to turn it even further (anti-clockwise if you're
looking at the spray side) to allow the head to come off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 04/12/13 16:35, DerbyBorn wrote:
We have a chrome finished shower spray on the end of a flexi hose. I think
it was from Sainsbury's or Homebase. One setting is supposed to give a
pulsating spray - now it doesn't and some water leaks from the outer ring
of holes.

I wish I could just get inside it to see if I can fix anything - but it
seems to have no means of dismantling. I suppose the plate with the spray
holes might prize out - but it doesn't seem willing - and needs to resist
the water pressure so must be held firmly.

I suppose I may have to replace it unless anyone can offer a suggestion to
my vague discription of it

The one I have the centre section of the spray head twists out. That is,
the bit with the holes is three concentric rings, the central one has a
couple of slots, put a small screwdriver or similar in the slot so as to
be able to turn the part (anti-clockwise I think) and it will come out.
It is then possible to remove the other bits and clean the pulsating bit.

see http://qwpynex.eu/shower-1.JPG
and
http://qwpynex.eu/shower-2.JPG

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2013 17:31, harryagain wrote:
"Scion" wrote in message
[...]

+1
Preferably overnight

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Scion wrote in :

[...]

Made it worse! Suspect a seal is a bit knackered.Turned it about 90
degrees but it didn't come apart.

--

DerbyBorn
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in news:l7pkb6$2gf$1@dont-
email.me:

Yes, and normally the problems are becuase its lime scaled up and jams.
The rotating bit that is inside.
Rubbish.
Brian

In the bin - I think a seal got chewed as I tried to dismantle it. I still
had my original adjustable Mira head (which lacked the pulsation feature).

--

DerbyBorn

Shower head Muddymike[_2_] UK diy 7 August 16th 13 03:12 PM
LED Shower head Steven Campbell[_4_] UK diy 11 October 13th 10 11:19 PM
Looking for a shower head arm Nil[_2_] Home Repair 7 March 20th 10 05:21 PM
Jado multi purpose shower head problem- could apply to allmultipurpose shower heads KOS Home Repair 2 December 25th 09 10:15 PM
Shower pump for can type shower head. steve UK diy 3 January 16th 04 11:38 AM