Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Picture Hangers

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6580615...7638343135005/

These came mounted on the pictures. They need a screw mounted in the wall and then the picture is offered up with the clips open and the clips then closed.

HTF can the clips be opened given that once closed the frame is close to the wall and there is no apparent means of grasping the clip to pull it back.

Or are they used in a different way entirely ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message
http://www.flickr.com/photos/6580615...7638343135005/

These came mounted on the pictures. They need a screw mounted in the wall
and then the picture is offered up with the clips open and the clips then
closed.

HTF can the clips be opened given that once closed the frame is close to
the wall and there is no apparent means of grasping the clip to pull it
back.

Or are they used in a different way entirely ?

They look to me like one bit screws to the wall and the other screws to the
frame.
The frame then just hooks onto the wall brackets and can be lifted off for
decorating/cleaning etc.

You might have screwed the wrong bit to the picture.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2013 10:20, fred wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/6580615...7638343135005/

These came mounted on the pictures. They need a screw mounted in the
wall and then the picture is offered up with the clips open and the
clips then closed.

HTF can the clips be opened given that once closed the frame is close
to the wall and there is no apparent means of grasping the clip to
pull it back.

Or are they used in a different way entirely ?

Cut an old credit card into an L shape, hook around the back and pull.
If you have some L brackets you could use them to hook around.

Or use long nosed pliers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:41:07 AM UTC, harry wrote:
"fred" wrote in message

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6580615...7638343135005/

These came mounted on the pictures. They need a screw mounted in the wall

and then the picture is offered up with the clips open and the clips then

closed.

HTF can the clips be opened given that once closed the frame is close to

the wall and there is no apparent means of grasping the clip to pull it

back.

Or are they used in a different way entirely ?

They look to me like one bit screws to the wall and the other screws to the

frame.

The frame then just hooks onto the wall brackets and can be lifted off for

decorating/cleaning etc.

You might have screwed the wrong bit to the picture.

No. The clip is fitted correctly. The clip is hooked on to the screw then the plate is slid across to secure it. I can't see any method to retract the locking plate in order to dismount the picture
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 11:16:09 AM UTC, dennis@home wrote:
On 04/12/2013 10:20, fred wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6580615...7638343135005/

These came mounted on the pictures. They need a screw mounted in the

wall and then the picture is offered up with the clips open and the

clips then closed.

HTF can the clips be opened given that once closed the frame is close

to the wall and there is no apparent means of grasping the clip to

pull it back.

Or are they used in a different way entirely ?

Cut an old credit card into an L shape, hook around the back and pull.

If you have some L brackets you could use them to hook around.

Or use long nosed pliers.

Problem is the clip expands once it has been pushed through and then locks in place. I wonder of these clips are meant to hold a length of wire.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6580615...7638343135005/

These came mounted on the pictures. ..

Have you asked the seller?

to replacing "aaa" by "284".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 4 Dec 2013 02:20:24 -0800 (PST), fred
wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6580615...7638343135005/

These came mounted on the pictures. They need a screw mounted in the wall and then the picture is offered up with the clips open and the clips then closed.

HTF can the clips be opened given that once closed the frame is close to the wall and there is no apparent means of grasping the clip to pull it back.

Or are they used in a different way entirely ?

Sorry cannot help with these strange fixings but if it is of any help
when we had a major redecoration session three years ago we replaced
all our varying picture fixings (20 pictures) with command strips.

Provided that you clean the fixing areas on both the picture and the
wall with a drop of isopropyl first they stay up without any problems.
Two medium size on small framed and glazed pictures and up to eight on
quite large ones and none have shown any sign of falling down as yet!
They also make the hanging process - getting them absolutely level etc
- much simpler.
--
rbel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

rbel wrote:

Sorry cannot help with these strange fixings but if it is of any help when
we had a major redecoration session three years ago we replaced all our
varying picture fixings (20 pictures) with command strips.

Wondering what you meant, I googled, and found:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Command-Pict.../dp/B000OF6X48

The reviews are not all positive. I don't think I'd want to trust anything
that contained glass to this method.

to replacing "aaa" by "284".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6580615...7638343135005/

These came mounted on the pictures. They need a screw mounted in the wall and then the picture is offered up with the clips open and the clips then closed.

HTF can the clips be opened given that once closed the frame is close to the wall and there is no apparent means of grasping the clip to pull it back.

Or are they used in a different way entirely ?

Sorry cannot help with these strange fixings but if it is of any help
when we had a major redecoration session three years ago we replaced
all our varying picture fixings (20 pictures) with command strips.

Are they the removeable, stick-on hooks?

If so, we used those last year for putting up decorations in the
conservatory without damaging anything and then removed them after
Christmas. We found them very good.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 04/12/2013 10:20, fred wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/6580615...7638343135005/

These came mounted on the pictures. They need a screw mounted in the wall and then the picture is offered up with the clips open and the clips then closed.

HTF can the clips be opened given that once closed the frame is close to the wall and there is no apparent means of grasping the clip to pull it back.

Or are they used in a different way entirely ?

Are these meant for places like hotels, in order to stop the punters
nicking the pictures? In that case, there may be no easy method to
remove them - intentionally!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:33:49 PM UTC, GB wrote:
On 04/12/2013 10:20, fred wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6580615...7638343135005/

These came mounted on the pictures. They need a screw mounted in the wall and then the picture is offered up with the clips open and the clips then closed.

HTF can the clips be opened given that once closed the frame is close to the wall and there is no apparent means of grasping the clip to pull it back.

Or are they used in a different way entirely ?

Are these meant for places like hotels, in order to stop the punters

nicking the pictures? In that case, there may be no easy method to

remove them - intentionally!

Spot on. We contacted the Picture framers and they confirmed that they are a scecurity measure. The pictires are not meant to be removed
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 04/12/2013 15:46, fred wrote:

Are these meant for places like hotels, in order to stop the punters

nicking the pictures? In that case, there may be no easy method to

remove them - intentionally!

Spot on. We contacted the Picture framers and they confirmed that they are a scecurity measure. The pictires are not meant to be removed

Is there a special tool available to remove them, for use when the
hotel is redecorated?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:
On 04/12/2013 15:46, fred wrote:

Are these meant for places like hotels, in order to stop the punters

nicking the pictures? In that case, there may be no easy method to

remove them - intentionally!

Spot on. We contacted the Picture framers and they confirmed that they are a scecurity measure. The pictires are not meant to be removed

Is there a special tool available to remove them, for use when the
hotel is redecorated?

Angle grinder.

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 4 Dec 2013 13:57:18 +0000, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts
wrote:

rbel wrote:

Sorry cannot help with these strange fixings but if it is of any help when
we had a major redecoration session three years ago we replaced all our
varying picture fixings (20 pictures) with command strips.

Wondering what you meant, I googled, and found:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Command-Pict.../dp/B000OF6X48

The reviews are not all positive. I don't think I'd want to trust anything
that contained glass to this method.

Fair enough. All I can say is that if one is sensible about the use
ie don't locate on an iffy surface, do prep both the frame and wall
surface and use plenty of them, they should be fine. As far as the
negative reviews are concerned it would not surprise me if little or
no precautions had been carried out because prep is boring!

Our experience is that not one of our 20 glazed pictures of varying
sizes has come away from the wall.

An added advantage is that if/when you want to reposition a picture
you can do so without leaving a mess at the original location.
--
rbel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"fred" wrote in message
http://www.flickr.com/photos/6580615...7638343135005/

These came mounted on the pictures. They need a screw mounted in the wall
and then the picture is offered up with the clips open and the clips then
closed.

HTF can the clips be opened given that once closed the frame is close to
the wall and there is no apparent means of grasping the clip to pull it
back.

Well as the photo of the fastners says patent 2289217 stamped on it. A quick
qoogle of that finds http://www.springlock.co.uk/

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2013 18:30, ARW wrote:
"fred" wrote in message
http://www.flickr.com/photos/6580615...7638343135005/

These came mounted on the pictures. They need a screw mounted in the
wall and then the picture is offered up with the clips open and the
clips then closed.

HTF can the clips be opened given that once closed the frame is close
to the wall and there is no apparent means of grasping the clip to
pull it back.

Well as the photo of the fastners says patent 2289217 stamped on it. A
quick qoogle of that finds http://www.springlock.co.uk/

You are Sherlock Holmes & I claim my £5 :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

"fred" wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6580615...7638343135005/
HTF can the clips be opened

the fastners says patent 2289217 stamped on it. A quick
qoogle of that finds http://www.springlock.co.uk/

Another quick google finds
http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B0056UWV4C

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
ARW wrote:

"fred" wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6580615...7638343135005/
HTF can the clips be opened

the fastners says patent 2289217 stamped on it. A quick
qoogle of that finds http://www.springlock.co.uk/

Another quick google finds
http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B0056UWV4C

:-)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/c...l-gallery.html

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6580615...7638343135005/

These came mounted on the pictures. They need a screw mounted in the wall and then the picture is offered up with the clips open and the clips then closed.

HTF can the clips be opened given that once closed the frame is close to the wall and there is no apparent means of grasping the clip to pull it back.

Or are they used in a different way entirely ?

Sorry cannot help with these strange fixings but if it is of any help
when we had a major redecoration session three years ago we replaced
all our varying picture fixings (20 pictures) with command strips.

Are they the removeable, stick-on hooks?

Yes - they have a tab on the adhesive part which you pull downwards
and it comes away without leaving any damage. Any slight residual
adhesive can be removed with isopropyl.
--
rbel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

rbel wrote:

Yes - they have a tab on the adhesive part which you pull downwards and it
comes away without leaving any damage. Any slight residual adhesive can
be removed with isopropyl.

One of the amazon reviewers points out that "no damage" didn't work for them
- the adhesive was applied to a painted surface, and dragged the paint off
it, which I should think would end up looking far worse than a few small
holes from a conventional picture hook. Maybe the advertising / product
literature isn'd setting people's expectations very well.

to replacing "aaa" by "284".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 8:28:18 PM UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
ARW wrote:

"fred" wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6580615...7638343135005/

HTF can the clips be opened

the fastners says patent 2289217 stamped on it. A quick

qoogle of that finds http://www.springlock.co.uk/

Another quick google finds

http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B0056UWV4C

Well done that man. This group never ceases to amaze me. Many thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:30:29 PM UTC, wrote:
"fred" wrote in message

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6580615...7638343135005/

These came mounted on the pictures. They need a screw mounted in the wall

and then the picture is offered up with the clips open and the clips then

closed.

HTF can the clips be opened given that once closed the frame is close to

the wall and there is no apparent means of grasping the clip to pull it

back.

Well as the photo of the fastners says patent 2289217 stamped on it. A quick

qoogle of that finds http://www.springlock.co.uk/

--

Adam

Well fmp. I did a search on the number but forgot to prefix it with the word ' Patent'

The picture framer had filled me in on it but was out of the release tool

Many thanks

Keyhole hangers Victor H. Woodworking 21 February 2nd 13 01:27 AM
joist hangers on top course sm_jamieson UK diy 1 June 8th 09 11:25 AM
100 x 50 joist hangers Andrew Mawson UK diy 3 August 22nd 08 03:50 PM
Joist Hangers [email protected] UK diy 2 April 10th 06 12:02 AM
Joists hangers Sasha Home Repair 39 July 11th 05 01:19 PM