Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 100 x 50 joist hangers

Anyone know a source of joist hangers for 100 x 50 ( 4"x2") joist
hangers? Not strictly for joists as this is for a large shed roof
where the purlins need to be inset to be flush with the trusses.

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Mawson wrote:
Anyone know a source of joist hangers for 100 x 50 ( 4"x2") joist
hangers? Not strictly for joists as this is for a large shed roof
where the purlins need to be inset to be flush with the trusses.

Wickes & Screwfix both have a big range. I use 50mm
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Joist-Hanger...er/invt/240107
for decking joists.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Mawson wrote:
Anyone know a source of joist hangers for 100 x 50 ( 4"x2") joist
hangers? Not strictly for joists as this is for a large shed roof
where the purlins need to be inset to be flush with the trusses.

Would

http://www.toolstation.com/messages.html?code=96431

do the job?

I've used them with their square twist nails, and they seemed unlikely
to fail under any sensible load, particularly if the 4x2 is a reasonably
snug fit for length.

--
Kevin Poole
****Use current date to reply (e.g. )****
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Kevin Poole" wrote in message

Andrew Mawson wrote:
Anyone know a source of joist hangers for 100 x 50 ( 4"x2") joist
hangers? Not strictly for joists as this is for a large shed roof
where the purlins need to be inset to be flush with the trusses.

Would

http://www.toolstation.com/messages.html?code=96431

do the job?

I've used them with their square twist nails, and they seemed

unlikely
to fail under any sensible load, particularly if the 4x2 is a

reasonably
snug fit for length.

--
Kevin Poole
****Use current date to reply (e.g. )****

Thanks Dave & Kevin, just the job

Cheers,

AWEM

Joist hangers for carport Adrian UK diy 22 July 4th 07 05:55 PM
joist hangers / constructional hearth VisionSet UK diy 10 September 26th 06 06:58 PM
Joist Hangers VisionSet UK diy 0 September 24th 06 11:25 PM
Joist Hangers [email protected] UK diy 2 April 10th 06 12:02 AM
Roof joist hangers [email protected] UK diy 3 December 13th 05 08:49 PM