Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pop Up Waste

The Pop Up waste in my bathroom basin has suddenly decided not to stay
down - it just springs back up again.

Any ideas?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
The Pop Up waste in my bathroom basin has suddenly decided not to stay
down - it just springs back up again.

Any ideas?

Beats them going down and not coming up again. Gimme a proper basin plug
any day.

--
Scott

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 08:36:12 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

The Pop Up waste in my bathroom basin has suddenly decided not to stay
down - it just springs back up again.

Any ideas?

Tried blocking up the hole with Plumber's Mait?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Pop Up waste in my bathroom basin has suddenly decided not to stay
down - it just springs back up again.

Any ideas?

For the price, its hardly worth titting about too much - if there is no
obvious gunk stuck in the works, I would replace it.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
The Pop Up waste in my bathroom basin has suddenly decided not to stay
down - it just springs back up again.

Any ideas?

Maybe you should call in a local handyman - he would be bound to know
what to do! :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Pop Up waste in my bathroom basin has suddenly decided not to stay
down - it just springs back up again.

Any ideas?

Have you had a look at the operating rod under the basin to make sure
that nothing's interfering with it - or hanging on it?!
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/12/2013 15:11, Roger Mills wrote:
The Pop Up waste in my bathroom basin has suddenly decided not to stay
down - it just springs back up again.

Any ideas?

Have you had a look at the operating rod under the basin to make sure
that nothing's interfering with it - or hanging on it?!

I was assuming this was one of the spring loaded jobbies rather than the
one driven by rods etc.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 3 December 2013 08:36:12 UTC, The Medway Handyman wrote:
The Pop Up waste in my bathroom basin has suddenly decided not to stay

down - it just springs back up again.

Any ideas?

I had a similar problem with the one we inherited with the new house. It has a pull up handle attached to a rod, whatever held it up initially no longer worked so unscrewing the small knob at the top allowed me to secure a rubber tap washer on the rod. Now all I do is pull the handle up and push the washer down to stop the handle dropping down until the weight of water on the pop up keeps it in place.

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Disgusting. The pair of you stealing unbelivers chance to take the ****.

--
Adam

Connecting basin waste to WC waste avocado UK diy 3 June 13th 08 09:13 AM
waste Tim Lamb UK diy 22 June 6th 07 09:33 AM
Too much waste LBledsoe Woodturning 2 December 14th 06 11:25 PM
sink waste connect to bath waste? Vass UK diy 5 November 18th 05 05:40 PM
Pop Up Waste Jon UK diy 2 January 1st 05 04:59 PM