Jon

Default Pop Up Waste

Just moved into a new house and the pop up waste mechanism in the tap
has a problem. Basically, the sliding toggle connecting connecting
the down rod to the vertical actuator rod is broken. Does anyone know
where I can purchase a new one from? I dont want to end up buying new
taps!

Jon
Set Square

Jon wrote:

Just moved into a new house and the pop up waste mechanism in the tap
has a problem. Basically, the sliding toggle connecting connecting
the down rod to the vertical actuator rod is broken. Does anyone know
where I can purchase a new one from? I dont want to end up buying new
taps!

Jon

Our local tip sells off serviceable items - including washbasins with pop-up
wastes. If yours does the same, you may be able to find some bits for a few
bob.

Alternatively, if you've got an old Meccano set lying around you might find
some bits which are suitable, or can be adapted.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Hi

Is this a figure of 8 type thing for a bathroom waste? With this sort
of small item (and those inserts in tap handles that seem to strip
their splines) I just call the manufacturer and ask for a couple of new
ones. I've never been refused, and never had to pay.

IanC