Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Repainting a bathroom floor

Hello,

I've seen a few posts here about this topic, but didn't find the answer I was looking for.

When I renovated our bathroom some years ago, someone convinced me that it would be better to put down cork tiles instead of ceramic tiles on the multiplex underfloor. We were never happy with the colour of the tiles, and on the advice of our paint shop, we repainted the floor with acrylic paint. I've since noticed that the original paint colour is starting to show through on the floor just beside the shower. I suppose that this is because the floormat there is damp for a few hour each day.

Would I be better to sand down the floor and repaint it, this time using a spirit/oil-based paint? I now regret not having put down ceramic tiles, since it seems that they can be laid down on a multiplex underfloor if flexible tile cement is used. The other option I'm weighing up is to pull up the cork tiles and put down the ceramic tiles instead.

Could anyone give me some advice?

Many tyhanks,
Paul

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 12:22:59 -0700 (PDT), ppmoore wrote:

Could anyone give me some advice?

Stop being lazy leaving the damp shower mat on the floor. Pick it up
and hang it somewhere to dry, shower door/rail, side of bath, WHY.

Sand a repaint is the easy option, then treat it properly....

--
Cheers
Dave.

repainting refrigerated walk-in with concrete floor ron helmuth Home Repair 9 July 11th 14 12:51 PM
Repainting a Bathroom [email protected] Home Repair 7 December 22nd 06 12:41 PM
Bathroom Floor John UK diy 3 August 24th 06 11:40 AM
new bathroom floor rile Home Repair 1 February 19th 05 11:45 AM
Bathroom Floor Jodi Home Repair 6 February 12th 05 04:57 AM