Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gluing perspex - hint

There was a need for a 50mm square of 6mm perspex this afternoon. There probably is some in a dark corner somewhere, but all I could find was nominally 3mm. Now I know that it's acetone plus perspex bits to make cement, but I was prepared to experiment first particularly as I didn't have any neat acetone - and I've never made perspex cement either.

I've a container of Aldidl's 'Universal Thinner' that certainly smells acetone like (pear drops if I remember correctly) so a couple of drops between suitable pieces plus clamp to a flat surface and 5 minutes later - bingo.

I can't remember if it's Aldis or Lidls that sell this stuff, but it's a very acceptable price and it's now got another plus mark from me.

Rob

Perspex adhesive Donwill[_3_] UK diy 13 August 13th 09 04:48 PM
Anyone looking for cheap perspex The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 1 August 30th 06 09:15 PM
Perspex nuttycam UK diy 14 July 8th 06 10:07 AM
Cutting Perspex rjs UK diy 10 July 3rd 06 07:41 PM
Perspex/Acrylic Mark Spice UK diy 3 March 17th 04 02:47 PM