Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cavity Wall Insulation Slabs for loft?

I have a pack of left over 75mm Glass Fibre Insulation slabs from the
building of my extension.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't use them to top up my loft insulation?
(Superglass - Superwall)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/07/2013 14:27, DerbyBorn wrote:
I have a pack of left over 75mm Glass Fibre Insulation slabs from the
building of my extension.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't use them to top up my loft insulation?
(Superglass - Superwall)

They are a bit on the heavy side for in a loft if they are the dense
things that I think you mean. But if the beams are strong enough...

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
I have a pack of left over 75mm Glass Fibre Insulation slabs from the
building of my extension.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't use them to top up my loft insulation?
(Superglass - Superwall)

I used the left over cavity wall batts as extra insulation in my loft.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
I have a pack of left over 75mm Glass Fibre Insulation slabs from the
building of my extension.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't use them to top up my loft insulation?
(Superglass - Superwall)

No reason whatever, carry on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 9 July 2013 15:42:01 UTC+1, Martin Brown wrote:
On 09/07/2013 14:27, DerbyBorn wrote:

I have a pack of left over 75mm Glass Fibre Insulation slabs from the

building of my extension.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't use them to top up my loft insulation?

(Superglass - Superwall)

They are a bit on the heavy side for in a loft if they are the dense

things that I think you mean. But if the beams are strong enough...

??
just what do you think he means?

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/07/2013 20:50, Jim K wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 July 2013 15:42:01 UTC+1, Martin Brown wrote:
On 09/07/2013 14:27, DerbyBorn wrote:

I have a pack of left over 75mm Glass Fibre Insulation slabs from the
building of my extension.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't use them to top up my loft insulation?

(Superglass - Superwall)

They are a bit on the heavy side for in a loft if they are the dense
things that I think you mean. But if the beams are strong enough...

??
just what do you think he means?

Compacted glass fibre slab for putting in walls. It is a lot heavier per
unit area than the fluffy stuff you usually put into a loft. I suspect
it would go right through the ceiling of a modern build house.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, July 9, 2013 10:48:38 PM UTC+1, Martin Brown wrote:
On 09/07/2013 20:50, Jim K wrote:

On Tuesday, 9 July 2013 15:42:01 UTC+1, Martin Brown wrote:

On 09/07/2013 14:27, DerbyBorn wrote:

I have a pack of left over 75mm Glass Fibre Insulation slabs from the

building of my extension.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't use them to top up my loft insulation?

(Superglass - Superwall)

They are a bit on the heavy side for in a loft if they are the dense

things that I think you mean. But if the beams are strong enough...

??

just what do you think he means?

Compacted glass fibre slab for putting in walls. It is a lot heavier per

unit area than the fluffy stuff you usually put into a loft. I suspect

it would go right through the ceiling of a modern build house.

--

Regards,

Martin Brown

got a link?

if "compacted" how does it work as an insulant then?

Cavity batts don't weigh anything like enough to bring a ceiling down.

I think you're thinking of something else...

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/07/2013 20:50, Jim K wrote:

??