Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ideal boiler Transformer on PCB

Boiler is suddenly showing no signs of life, PCB fuse is fine, supply
is fine. Opened up control PCB from its plastic casing and the casing
is showing indications of the PCB mount mains transformer over heating.

The markings on the transformer suggest 2x 9v sec. 1x10v sec, but the
pins numbers marked on the tranformer were obviously simply WRONG at
manufacture. Added to that the insulation resistance between windings
is quite low at 2M Ohm, and it seems there has to be one secondary
secondary O/C.

So I have convinced myself, based on the evidence above, that the
tranformer has failed. It is marked era Punenburg, which I guess is the
manufacturer. The era is styalised, so could well be ela.

Anyone got a line on the source because I cannot find them via Google
please?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Harry
Bloomfield scribeth thus
Boiler is suddenly showing no signs of life, PCB fuse is fine, supply
is fine. Opened up control PCB from its plastic casing and the casing
is showing indications of the PCB mount mains transformer over heating.

The markings on the transformer suggest 2x 9v sec. 1x10v sec, but the
pins numbers marked on the tranformer were obviously simply WRONG at
manufacture. Added to that the insulation resistance between windings
is quite low at 2M Ohm, and it seems there has to be one secondary
secondary O/C.

So I have convinced myself, based on the evidence above, that the
tranformer has failed. It is marked era Punenburg, which I guess is the
manufacturer. The era is styalised, so could well be ela.

Anyone got a line on the source because I cannot find them via Google
please?

Best bet is to give Geoff a bell or mail, he's your man for that sort of
thing.

No connection apart from being a satisfied customer..

http://www.cetltd.com/
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer explained on 05/07/2013 :
In article , Harry
Bloomfield scribeth thus
[...]

Geoff who?

It would likely cost as much to track down the transformer as fit a
recon PCB and apparently their were issues with it anyway (maybe this
transformer, reading between the lines), it seems there has been an
revised version.

It is an Icos HE18 - anyone know what the difference might be between
the Orange and black cased control PCB's please?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/07/2013 23:04, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Geoff who?

Geoff at cetltd.com, who has supplied me with spares for an obsolete
boiler at a good price. He's had good recommendations here from quite a
lot of people.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vir Campestris pretended :
On 05/07/2013 23:04, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Geoff who?

Geoff at cetltd.com, who has supplied me with spares for an obsolete boiler
at a good price. He's had good recommendations here from quite a lot of
people.

Andy

Thanks for the clarification, sorry I missed seeing the link.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Harry
Bloomfield scribeth thus
[...]

Hence the URL above. Geoff does a good line in refurbed boards and
whilst I suppose I could track down parts etc he's often a much better
bet...

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 5 July 2013 23:04:42 UTC+1, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

It is an Icos HE18 - anyone know what the difference might be between
the Orange and black cased control PCB's please?

Yes - the original black PCBs are completely unreliable and indeed it is quite a feat that yours has lasted this long. The orange (v9) PCB is its replacement and evidently much more reliable.

I seem to recall the transformer (ERA) is one of the Achilles heels of this PCB.

Mathew
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Vir Campestris, Sash wrote:
Had the same problem myself you can buy a replacement transformer from this
from a company called GUC-Electronics google them. Its not the ERA transformer
but good enough installed mine over 4 years ago still works 100%.

I think they are based somewhere near London and will you will have it in a
few days time.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...cb-905928-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/12/17 13:44, Sash wrote:
replying to Vir Campestris, Sash wrote:
Had the same problem myself you can buy a replacement transformer from this
from a company called GUC-Electronics google them. Its not the ERA
transformer
but good enough installed mine over 4 years ago still works 100%.
I think they are based somewhere near London and will you will have it in a
few days time.

Spamming ****: mentioning your products in a 4 year old thread

too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Sasha Stojcevski wrote:

you can buy a replacement transformer
from a company called GUC-Electrospam

Spamming ****: mentioning your products in a 4 year old thread

Nominet will be in touch shortly to let him know they're removing the
non-trading status from his domain, so he can't hide his address.

https://www.nominet.uk/whois/?query=guc-electronics.co.uk#whois-results
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sasha Stojcevski wrote:

you can buy a replacement transformer
from a company called GUC-Electrospam

Spamming ****: mentioning your products in a 4 year old thread

Nominet will be in touch shortly to let him know they're removing the
non-trading status from his domain, so he can't hide his address.

https://www.nominet.uk/whois/?query=guc-electronics.co.uk#whois-results

I assume this address:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/o...k/appointments

Far from Ideal boiler Mike Parkins UK diy 14 December 16th 07 05:22 PM
Ideal Classic boiler F UK diy 11 November 5th 06 09:18 AM
Boiler help please ( "ignition lock out" ideal boiler) Nige UK diy 8 April 14th 05 07:57 PM
Ideal Classic Boiler [email protected] UK diy 2 February 24th 05 08:59 PM
Ideal boiler repair [email protected] UK diy 35 January 24th 05 10:25 PM