Default Ideal Classic Boiler

HI wonder if anyone can help, I have and Ideal Classic Boiler with a
Drayton LP722 Lifestyle Timer and Drayton RTS1 thermostat. the problem
I have is that when the heating comes on, once it reaches the desired
temp, the boiler turns of, then within two minutes its back on again
for 3-4 minutes and then of again for two minutes and it keeps doing
this until we either turn the thermostat up or down or the timer clicks
off.
I have changed the timer, the thermostat and the pump. As far as I can
tell the water is behaving correctly. I know that this particular
boiler does go of and on constantly, but my sister has the same boiler
and hers have intervals of 10 minutes, not the short ones that I am
getting.

the problem is my gas bills have gone through the roof (=A380-=A3100
monthly where they should be =A330-=A340)

any help would be appreciated

thanks
George

Phil

Is there a hysteresis setting on the thermostat (ie/ a 'deadband' which
it has to go outside of before re-firing the boiler)? It sounds like
the 'stat is commanding the boiler to run from what you say, increasing
the deadband (if adjustable) should stop it cycling too often.

John

"Phil" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is there a hysteresis setting on the thermostat (ie/ a 'deadband' which
it has to go outside of before re-firing the boiler)? It sounds like
the 'stat is commanding the boiler to run from what you say, increasing
the deadband (if adjustable) should stop it cycling too often.

The classic is a boiler which enjoys simplicity to achieve a very high
reliability. The usual mechanical Ranco thermostat doesnt normally have any
problems and its not advisable to prat about with it.

Ideal boiler repair [email protected] UK diy 35 January 24th 05 10:25 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Near death boiler + replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 9 January 26th 04 12:44 PM
Ideal Classic RS boiler installation David Hearn UK diy 2 January 25th 04 11:10 PM
Ideal Classic Boiler problem onekevinrobinson UK diy 3 January 23rd 04 07:18 PM