Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More snake oil

Had a junk letter today filled with rash promises (but no detail)
Looked up the company on the internet.
Dunno how they get away with such crap.

http://www.greenhomeenergy.org.uk/tems_home.php

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harryagain wrote:

Had a junk letter today filled with rash promises (but no detail)
Looked up the company on the internet.
Dunno how they get away with such crap.

The usual "up to" XX% savings bollox, wonder if they have figures to
backup the "average bills" for their graph? and what is the X axis anyway?

http://www.greenhomeenergy.org.uk/im...ergy_bills.png

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harryagain" wrote in message
Had a junk letter today filled with rash promises (but no detail)
Looked up the company on the internet.
Dunno how they get away with such crap.

http://www.greenhomeenergy.org.uk/tems_home.php

Yep, I had my letter this week, offerring to save me 40%. I dread to think
what the cost of it is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/04/2013 07:49 AM, harryagain wrote:
Had a junk letter today filled with rash promises (but no detail)
Looked up the company on the internet.
Dunno how they get away with such crap.

http://www.greenhomeenergy.org.uk/tems_home.php

'BG recommend an annual flush at £900'
Can anyone believe that?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday 04 July 2013 07:49 harryagain wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Had a junk letter today filled with rash promises (but no detail)
Looked up the company on the internet.
Dunno how they get away with such crap.

http://www.greenhomeenergy.org.uk/tems_home.php

"Dynamic Power Cleanse"

That's even better than old dickhead's magic hifi cables...

Reading this on the web? See:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 4 Jul 2013 07:49:44 +0100, harryagain wrote:

Had a junk letter today filled with rash promises (but no detail)
Looked up the company on the internet.
Dunno how they get away with such crap.

'cause the great unwashed haven't got half a clue and fall for the
clever marketing. The wording on that site is clever, you have to
read it very carefully to see what they are really saying not what
you *think* they are saying. With the great unwashed average reading
age of less than 10...

Looking at what they offer you *might* make the savings they claim if
you have very old system with very poor controls. It appears they
just add TRVs, an electronic thermostat with proportional control,
and **** up your roof with spray on insulation (see recent thread
about that).

What are the "thermodynamic panels" they wibble about? The words
imply some form on new and revolutionary solar collector that will
provide all your homes heat even in the middle of winter and 100% of
your hot water in summer...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Jul 2013 08:49:56 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

What are the "thermodynamic panels" they wibble about? The words
imply some form on new and revolutionary solar collector that will
provide all your homes heat even in the middle of winter and 100% of
your hot water in summer...

AIUI they're a sort of air source heat pump using roof mounted panels
that look something like flat plate solar collectors. On the face of
it they probably work, but they certainly won't be cost effective at
the multiple thousands that they would be charging.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
What are the "thermodynamic panels" they wibble about? The words
imply some form on new and revolutionary solar collector that will
provide all your homes heat even in the middle of winter and 100% of
your hot water in summer...

--
Cheers
Dave.

A heat exchanger. This is the kit they are using.

http://www.magicthermodynamicbox.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_ZnZxAjOdk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/07/2013 09:50, Road_Hog wrote:
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
What are the "thermodynamic panels" they wibble about? The words
imply some form on new and revolutionary solar collector that will
provide all your homes heat even in the middle of winter and 100% of
your hot water in summer...

--
Cheers
Dave.

A heat exchanger. This is the kit they are using.

http://www.magicthermodynamicbox.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_ZnZxAjOdk

It can't be much of a solar panel.
You aren't allowed to use soldered joints on the one I have as the
solder will melt when the sun is out.
You either use mechanical joints or brazing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article m,
dennis@home scribeth thus
On 04/07/2013 09:50, Road_Hog wrote:
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
What are the "thermodynamic panels" they wibble about? The words
imply some form on new and revolutionary solar collector that will
provide all your homes heat even in the middle of winter and 100% of
your hot water in summer...

--
Cheers
Dave.

A heat exchanger. This is the kit they are using.

http://www.magicthermodynamicbox.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_ZnZxAjOdk

It can't be much of a solar panel.
You aren't allowed to use soldered joints on the one I have as the
solder will melt when the sun is out.
You either use mechanical joints or brazing.

Den.. What is the melting point of Solder?..

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/07/2013 20:06, tony sayer wrote:

Den.. What is the melting point of Solder?..

Wiki he says 41 to 800.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article m,
dennis@home scribeth thus
[...]

It's nothing to do with the melting point of solder.
This is a heat pump using refrigeant gas, you can't use soft solders with
refrigerant gas.
The novel feature is that it uses an evaporator that is solar heated so it
will work better than an air heated one.
In Summer anyway. Dunno how well it would work in Winter.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

What sort?

At about 230C, for lead free plumbing solder, a lot less than the 300C
the vacuum tubes can get too.
Older leaded solder probably melts at about 180C.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, July 4, 2013 9:50:18 AM UTC+1, Road_Hog wrote:
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message

ll.co.uk...

What are the "thermodynamic panels" they wibble about? The words

imply some form on new and revolutionary solar collector that will

provide all your homes heat even in the middle of winter and 100% of

your hot water in summer...

--

Cheers

Dave.

A heat exchanger. This is the kit they are using.

http://www.magicthermodynamicbox.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_ZnZxAjOdk

The magic heating box seems to be a "low loss header."

Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
On Thursday, July 4, 2013 9:50:18 AM UTC+1, Road_Hog wrote:
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message

ll.co.uk...

What are the "thermodynamic panels" they wibble about? The words

imply some form on new and revolutionary solar collector that will

provide all your homes heat even in the middle of winter and 100% of

your hot water in summer...

--

Cheers

Dave.

A heat exchanger. This is the kit they are using.

http://www.magicthermodynamicbox.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_ZnZxAjOdk

The magic heating box seems to be a "low loss header."

Simon.

Tch. The "magic heating box" is a heat pump runing on refrigerant gas..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, July 6, 2013 6:30:37 AM UTC+1, harryagain wrote:
"sm_jamieson" wrote in message

On Thursday, July 4, 2013 9:50:18 AM UTC+1, Road_Hog wrote:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message

ll.co.uk...

What are the "thermodynamic panels" they wibble about? The words

imply some form on new and revolutionary solar collector that will

provide all your homes heat even in the middle of winter and 100% of

your hot water in summer...

--

Cheers

Dave.

A heat exchanger. This is the kit they are using.

http://www.magicthermodynamicbox.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_ZnZxAjOdk

The magic heating box seems to be a "low loss header."

Simon.

Tch. The "magic heating box" is a heat pump runing on refrigerant gas..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/...ew-boiler.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ah yes a bit like the medical mob and their 'clinically proven' kind of get
out.

I suppose you can get away with anything if its vague enough that nobody
quite understands what you really are saying.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"harryagain" wrote in message
Had a junk letter today filled with rash promises (but no detail)
Looked up the company on the internet.
Dunno how they get away with such crap.

http://www.greenhomeenergy.org.uk/tems_home.php

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/07/2013 09:45, Brian Gaff wrote:
Ah yes a bit like the medical mob and their 'clinically proven' kind of get
out.

I suppose you can get away with anything if its vague enough that nobody
quite understands what you really are saying.
Brian

Not since The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

Providing material information in a manner which is unclear,
unintelligible, ambiguous or untimely is classed as a misleading
omission, which is prohibited under paragraph 6 of the regulations.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/07/13 15:24, Nightjar wrote:
On 04/07/2013 09:45, Brian Gaff wrote:
Ah yes a bit like the medical mob and their 'clinically proven' kind
of get
out.

I suppose you can get away with anything if its vague enough that nobody
quite understands what you really are saying.
Brian

Not since The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

Providing material information in a manner which is unclear,
unintelligible, ambiguous or untimely is classed as a misleading
omission, which is prohibited under paragraph 6 of the regulations.

unless you are a a lobby group
Advising guvmint
Colin Bignell

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Had a junk letter today filled with rash promises (but no detail)

Is it election time again?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Had a junk letter today filled with rash promises (but no detail)

Is it election time again?

I'll wait for the next one. Fancy a bacon sarnie with the even rasher
promises.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Next year its London elections I think for councils.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
wrote:

Had a junk letter today filled with rash promises (but no detail)

Is it election time again?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article ,
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

Next year its London elections I think for councils.
Brian

Euro elections next year. A chance *not* to vote for UKIP candidates who
do no work in Brussels to protect Britain's interests.

--
Tim

My third time in a row voting for UKIP - stick that in your pipe and smoke
it - I'm sure the LibLabCon do much better signing us up to everything.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

"Brian Gaff" wrote:

Next year its London elections I think for councils.
Brian

Euro elections next year. A chance *not* to vote for UKIP candidates who
do no work in Brussels to protect Britain's interests.

--
Tim

My third time in a row voting for UKIP - stick that in your pipe and smoke
it - I'm sure the LibLabCon do much better signing us up to everything.

You need to get along to some local UKIP meetings.
I have and there are some disappointingly "swivel eyed" nitwits there.
Barking mad some of them.

I believe the organisation is in the process of being takenover by a lot of
has beens and wannabes
now there is some possiblity of success.
Has beens in the sense of chucked out of other parties for crooked
practices.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , harryagain
writes

news

"Brian Gaff" wrote:

Next year its London elections I think for councils.
Brian

Euro elections next year. A chance *not* to vote for UKIP candidates who
do no work in Brussels to protect Britain's interests.

--
Tim

My third time in a row voting for UKIP - stick that in your pipe and smoke
it - I'm sure the LibLabCon do much better signing us up to everything.

You need to get along to some local UKIP meetings.
I have and there are some disappointingly "swivel eyed" nitwits there.
Barking mad some of them.

I believe the organisation is in the process of being takenover by a lot of
has beens and wannabes
now there is some possiblity of success.
Has beens in the sense of chucked out of other parties for crooked
practices.

Got on here like that - local councillor with a criminal conviction
concerning breach of fire regs in shared accommodation Been a
conservative for years and years now jumped ship to UKIP who have
welcomed him saying that anyone can make a mistake.
OK so what crime if any makes someone unacceptable for UKIP and does it
depend if you are a sitting councillor or not?
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/07/13 18:40, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

Next year its London elections I think for councils.
Brian

Euro elections next year. A chance *not* to vote for UKIP candidates
who do no work in Brussels to protect Britain's interests.

as opposed to MEPs who *do* vote *against* Britain's interests?

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/07/13 21:24, Tim Streater wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote:

Next year its London elections I think for councils.
Brian

Euro elections next year. A chance *not* to vote for UKIP

candidates who do no work in Brussels to protect Britain's interests.

as opposed to MEPs who *do* vote *against* Britain's interests?

That the Libs and Greens (dunno about labour). Not to be confused with
the Tories who *do* turn up for committee votes to stave of damaging
legislation.

never seems to work does it?

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Jul 2013 18:40:55 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

Euro elections next year. A chance *not* to vote for UKIP candidates who
do no work in Brussels to protect Britain's interests.

We have *never* voted to be *in* the EU. How can that be justified?

Susexlad

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Euro elections next year. A chance *not* to vote for UKIP candidates who
do no work in Brussels to protect Britain's interests.

We have *never* voted to be *in* the EU. How can that be justified?

We rarely get to vote on *any* important issues.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Is this baby snake coiled up outside a gopher snake or a rattler? Danny D Home Repair 93 September 14th 13 08:29 PM
Snake oil? The Medway Handyman UK diy 11 March 17th 13 09:22 PM
Snake ID Steve B[_13_] Home Repair 1 May 8th 12 11:09 PM
Snake Oil? The Medway Handyman UK diy 51 April 10th 11 10:27 PM
Convert model w/snake, to non-snake? karlt10 Woodworking 4 November 26th 06 08:23 AM