Default Deep worktop (800mm) suppliers?

Roger Mills wrote:
"Gary Cavie" wrote in message
t...

In article ,
says...

I want that order of dimension to run a workbench in my shed around two
walls, to take my PC, radio gear etc. 600mm doesn't leave me much space
to rest my head on!

Gary

That's what I did in the room which I use as an office. The side with the
computer is made from a 900mm double-edged worktop, with about 60mm cut off
where it goes against the wall.

Just had some new benches done at work, peninsular (breakfast bar)
worktop with the second edge cut off....Any good supplier (magnet or
wholesale supplier of laminate tops) will have something, probably from
stock.

Niel.

Gary Cavie

Can anybody reccomend a supplier of worktops (3m long), with a depth of
between 750mm & 900mm? The sheds only have 600 / 616mm deep ones, as far
as I can see.

Thanks

Gary
Roger Mills

"Gary Cavie" wrote in message
Can anybody reccomend a supplier of worktops (3m long), with a depth of
between 750mm & 900mm? The sheds only have 600 / 616mm deep ones, as far
as I can see.

Thanks

Gary

Magnet had used do some which were 900mm wide - and double edged - intended
for use on island units. I expect they still do them. You can always cut one
edge off if you want it slightly narrower to go against a wall.

Roger

PoP

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 11:28:32 -0000, Gary Cavie
wrote:

Can anybody reccomend a supplier of worktops (3m long), with a depth of
between 750mm & 900mm? The sheds only have 600 / 616mm deep ones, as far
as I can see.

That's a hell of a deep worktop. Are you sure you don't mean width?

PoP

Nic O'Demus

"Gary Cavie" wrote in message
Can anybody reccomend a supplier of worktops (3m long), with a depth of
between 750mm & 900mm? The sheds only have 600 / 616mm deep ones, as far
as I can see.

Thanks

Gary

Have you considered using granite/slate/marble etc?

Nic.

nickswanatzoomdotcodotuk

David H

"Nic O'Demus" wrote in message ...
"Gary Cavie" wrote in message
Can anybody reccomend a supplier of worktops (3m long), with a depth of
between 750mm & 900mm? The sheds only have 600 / 616mm deep ones, as far
as I can see.

Thanks

Gary

Have you considered using granite/slate/marble etc?

Nic.

nickswanatzoomdotcodotuk

Try Homebase they did them to order 6 months ago, choice of finnish,
900mm 38mm thick post formed on both sides.

David H.
Steve Harper

I live near Bath and I found a local company that makes worktops /
counters for shops etc. There must be similar in other parts of the
country. They were able to manufacture exactly what I wanted,
with little or no waste.

They made up some worktops of the exact width I wanted, with
rolled edges on 2 sides where neccessary etc.

The price wasnt too bad as I recall, and they were better quality
than the ones available from the sheds.

They had a vast array of laminates and turned the job round in a couple
of weeks. If you are interested I may be able to dig out prices/contact
details etc.

HTH

Steve Harper.

"Gary Cavie" wrote in message
Can anybody reccomend a supplier of worktops (3m long), with a depth of
between 750mm & 900mm? The sheds only have 600 / 616mm deep ones, as far
as I can see.

Thanks

Gary

Movement in worktop sink cutout John Greenwood UK diy 2 October 9th 03 01:31 PM
Splits in beach worktop Justin UK diy 2 October 8th 03 11:15 AM
Worktop to wall (sealing) John Greenwood UK diy 27 October 3rd 03 09:29 AM
cheap alternative for kitchen worktop jig? Peter Andrews UK diy 25 September 30th 03 10:07 AM
Three worktop questions Grunff UK diy 8 September 11th 03 11:58 PM