Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT the olden days

Those of you interested in the past might like this:
http://www.wrightswritings.org.uk/?page_id=721
It was written by my uncle, who is 84.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright formulated the question :
Those of you interested in the past might like this:
http://www.wrightswritings.org.uk/?page_id=721
It was written by my uncle, who is 84.

Bill

I spotted your contribution Bill, I didn't know you hailed from there!

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/06/2013 17:41, Bill Wright wrote:
Those of you interested in the past might like this:
http://www.wrightswritings.org.uk/?page_id=721
It was written by my uncle, who is 84.

Bill

Bookmarked for bed-time!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
newshound scribeth thus
On 21/06/2013 17:41, Bill Wright wrote:
Those of you interested in the past might like this:
http://www.wrightswritings.org.uk/?page_id=721
It was written by my uncle, who is 84.

Bill

Bookmarked for bed-time!

Ditto.. An everyday story of county folke;!.

Opps!, Yorkshire folk now mind;!...

Interesting that a warden of a local country park has written his
lifetimes wibblings and overall very interesting they are too and ideal
bedtime in the winter, i.e. next week or thereabouts onwards, reading
they will be too an insight into a past age and way of living...

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer expressed precisely :
In article ,
newshound scribeth thus
On 21/06/2013 17:41, Bill Wright wrote:
Those of you interested in the past might like this:
http://www.wrightswritings.org.uk/?page_id=721
It was written by my uncle, who is 84.

Bill

Bookmarked for bed-time!

Ditto.. An everyday story of county folke;!.

Opps!, Yorkshire folk now mind;!...

Interesting that a warden of a local country park has written his
lifetimes wibblings and overall very interesting they are too and ideal
bedtime in the winter, i.e. next week or thereabouts onwards, reading
they will be too an insight into a past age and way of living...

Too late, I have read them all. What to do now?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright wrote :
Those of you interested in the past might like this:
http://www.wrightswritings.org.uk/?page_id=721
It was written by my uncle, who is 84.

Bill

My thanks Bill, for a very entertaining read..

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Bill Wright wrote :
Those of you interested in the past might like this:
http://www.wrightswritings.org.uk/?page_id=721
It was written by my uncle, who is 84.

Bill

My thanks Bill, for a very entertaining read..

Cheers!

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/annexe/index.shtml
contains various other material. 'A rural childhood' is very interesting.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The big difference between then and now of course is that the road builders
could actually stop folk parking on the roads as there were few vehicles
about. Nowadays they put cones and signs, put leaflets through doors a week
ahead etc, and still when they come to do it there are cars parked in the
way.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"newshound" wrote in message
On 21/06/2013 17:41, Bill Wright wrote:
Those of you interested in the past might like this:
http://www.wrightswritings.org.uk/?page_id=721
It was written by my uncle, who is 84.

Bill

Bookmarked for bed-time!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

and in those days there were people who actually set paving stones level
and made sure they did not rock. Nowadays all you find is a guy with a pot
of yellow paint marking them and nothing whatever happens.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Bill Wright formulated the question :
Those of you interested in the past might like this:
http://www.wrightswritings.org.uk/?page_id=721
It was written by my uncle, who is 84.

Bill

I spotted your contribution Bill, I didn't know you hailed from there!

It's where the Wadsworths come from:-).

That article would be just around the time when my Great Grandad was killed
down Bentley pit when the roof collapsed.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Bill Wright formulated the question :
Those of you interested in the past might like this:
http://www.wrightswritings.org.uk/?page_id=721
It was written by my uncle, who is 84.

Bill

I spotted your contribution Bill, I didn't know you hailed from there!

It's where the Wadsworths come from:-).

That article would be just around the time when my Great Grandad was killed
down Bentley pit when the roof collapsed.

http://www.dmm-pitwork.org.uk/html/bentley.htm

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Bill Wright
scribeth thus
ARW wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Bill Wright formulated the question :
Those of you interested in the past might like this:
http://www.wrightswritings.org.uk/?page_id=721
It was written by my uncle, who is 84.

Bill
I spotted your contribution Bill, I didn't know you hailed from there!

It's where the Wadsworths come from:-).

That article would be just around the time when my Great Grandad was killed
down Bentley pit when the roof collapsed.

http://www.dmm-pitwork.org.uk/html/bentley.htm

Bill

What a god awful job mining was. I remember reading the Durham miners
site.

http://www.dmm.org.uk/mindex.htm

The opening page says "In Memoriam"

hundreds if not thousands killed in that accursed industry and of course
the best of British management presiding as to be expected...

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Bill Wright wrote:
ARW wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Bill Wright formulated the question :
Those of you interested in the past might like this:
http://www.wrightswritings.org.uk/?page_id=721
It was written by my uncle, who is 84.

Bill
I spotted your contribution Bill, I didn't know you hailed from
there!

It's where the Wadsworths come from:-).

That article would be just around the time when my Great Grandad was
killed down Bentley pit when the roof collapsed.

http://www.dmm-pitwork.org.uk/html/bentley.htm

Earlier than that. 1924, but the same pit.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

tony sayer wrote:
In article , Bill Wright
scribeth thus
ARW wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Bill Wright formulated the question :
Those of you interested in the past might like this:
http://www.wrightswritings.org.uk/?page_id=721
It was written by my uncle, who is 84.

Bill
I spotted your contribution Bill, I didn't know you hailed from
there!

It's where the Wadsworths come from:-).

That article would be just around the time when my Great Grandad
was killed down Bentley pit when the roof collapsed.

http://www.dmm-pitwork.org.uk/html/bentley.htm

Bill

What a god awful job mining was. I remember reading the Durham miners
site.

http://www.dmm.org.uk/mindex.htm

The opening page says "In Memoriam"

hundreds if not thousands killed in that accursed industry and of
course the best of British management presiding as to be expected...

http://www.dmm-pitwork.org.uk/html/daz.htm

is the one I was taught about at school (probably as it was in the next
villiage to the one I grew up in).

There was evidence that 4 year old worked down some pits in the Queens
report into the disaster.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

That article would be just around the time when my Great Grandad
was killed down Bentley pit when the roof collapsed.

http://www.dmm-pitwork.org.uk/html/bentley.htm

Bill

What a god awful job mining was. I remember reading the Durham miners
site.

http://www.dmm.org.uk/mindex.htm

The opening page says "In Memoriam"

hundreds if not thousands killed in that accursed industry and of
course the best of British management presiding as to be expected...

http://www.dmm-pitwork.org.uk/html/daz.htm

is the one I was taught about at school (probably as it was in the next
villiage to the one I grew up in).

There was evidence that 4 year old worked down some pits in the Queens
report into the disaster.

Yes there was another similar one caused by a flash storm flood, seemed
most of them were just children of that sort of age

A most disgraceful time in our history;(..

--
Tony Sayer

The next ten days Steve B[_3_] Metalworking 5 January 6th 10 05:27 AM
OT-143 days Wes[_2_] Metalworking 12 August 3rd 08 02:06 AM
OT-143 days Wes[_2_] Metalworking 154 July 9th 08 04:01 AM
OT-143 days RB[_2_] Metalworking 0 June 26th 08 04:09 PM
Those were the days! bobandcarole Electronics Repair 12 September 18th 06 06:39 PM