Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT check in times

"tim......" wrote in
:

"alan" wrote in message
On 27/05/2013 17:46, Peter Johnson wrote:
It's been a few years since I've been anywhere by air.
I'm booked on a 6.30am flight from East Midlands to Dublin. The
airport website says two hours should be allowed for check in.
Is this mandatory or advisory? Any thoughts or advice appreciated.

Advisory but the gate will often close 20/30minutes before the
take-off time and security is a variable. At 2 UK airports last week
(Stansted and Edinburgh) getting through security took around 20
minutes BUT previously I have been in a queue for security for closer
to an hour.

Also factor in your method of travel, are you travelling by taxi/bus
or your own car? Medium and long time car parks are never close to
the terminals and the free transfer buses may only be every quarter
or half hour. The cheaper the car park charge the longer the interval
between buses.

By the way, if someone is dropping you off expect a drop off charge
of a couple of quid for the 30 second period (rising to £50 or
clamping if you stay longer in these zones)

OMG even micky mouse airports charge for "drop-off" now!

what's it coming to

tim

I think the drop off charge at EMA is £1.00 for 10 mins.

Great airport. I live 25 mins away and will only take holidays that go
from EMA.