Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Hot times in CA

Anyone else dealing with the fires here in CA?

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
Anyone else dealing with the fires here in CA?

TMT

Aren't all these fire due to the Democrats stopping undergrowth removal?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Buerste" wrote:

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
Anyone else dealing with the fires here in CA?

TMT

Aren't all these fire due to the Democrats stopping undergrowth removal?

It's the bushes fault
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
"Buerste" wrote:

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
Anyone else dealing with the fires here in CA?

TMT

Aren't all these fire due to the Democrats stopping undergrowth removal?

It's the bushes fault

THAT is EXCELLENT! Permission to steal it, please?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Buerste wrote:
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
Anyone else dealing with the fires here in CA?

TMT

Aren't all these fire due to the Democrats stopping undergrowth removal?

Nope, it's just karma catching up to the PRK.

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:44:20 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
Anyone else dealing with the fires here in CA?

TMT

Aren't all these fire due to the Democrats stopping undergrowth removal?

Yep

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Aren't all these fire due to the Democrats stopping undergrowth
removal?

Yep

Gunner

Not to mention that people aren't allowed to dig fire breaks because it
would disturb the burrows of the mole rat. That was the case in the Orange
County fire 10 years ago, and I doubt the policy has changed.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I always like the rule:

1. must cut every tree and bush within 30 feet of a house.
2. Must not cut any redwoods without legal permit if over 10 acres.
3. Must not cut any redwoods without formal permission from the local
forestry association, and the local 'tree hugger asso.'.
4. if you fall in 2 you are screwed.
5. if you fall in 3 you are really screwed.
6. It is going to burn just try to limit the forest damage.
7. people don't count.
8. if your dog,cat, horse, ferret, .... gets smoke in their eyes
you get to pay a fine.

Oh yea - I loved living in a redwood forest.

Martin

wrote:

Aren't all these fire due to the Democrats stopping undergrowth
removal?

Yep

Gunner

Not to mention that people aren't allowed to dig fire breaks because it
would disturb the burrows of the mole rat. That was the case in the Orange
County fire 10 years ago, and I doubt the policy has changed.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Buerste wrote:
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
Anyone else dealing with the fires here in CA?

TMT

Aren't all these fire due to the Democrats stopping undergrowth
removal?

Only if Ahnald is a Democrat.

--
John R. Carroll

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 31, 5:44*pm, "Buerste" wrote:
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

Anyone else dealing with the fires here in CA?

TMT

Aren't all these fire due to the Democrats stopping undergrowth removal?

For 60 years?

Actually it is the fault of that damn Reagan. ;)

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Aren't all these fire due to the Democrats stopping undergrowth
removal?

Yep

Gunner

Not to mention that people aren't allowed to dig fire breaks because it
would disturb the burrows of the mole rat. That was the case in the Orange
County fire 10 years ago, and I doubt the policy has changed.

I wonder how those mole rats are doing now?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Anyone else dealing with the fires here in CA?

TMT

We knew alla you liberal *******s were going to burn in hell, we just
didn't know how till now.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RBnDFW" wrote in message
wrote:

Aren't all these fire due to the Democrats stopping undergrowth
removal?

Yep

Gunner

Not to mention that people aren't allowed to dig fire breaks because it
would disturb the burrows of the mole rat. That was the case in the
Orange County fire 10 years ago, and I doubt the policy has changed.

I wonder how those mole rats are doing now?

Lathered with barbecue sauce, they can be delicious.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 12:41:31 -0500, RBnDFW wrote:

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Anyone else dealing with the fires here in CA?

TMT

We knew alla you liberal *******s were going to burn in hell, we just
didn't know how till now.

hey hey! I gotta work down where those fires are burning!

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Anyone else dealing with the fires here in CA?

TMT

We knew alla you liberal *******s were going to burn in hell, we just
didn't know how till now.

hey hey! I gotta work down where those fires are burning!

Gunner

LOL Being a conservative, you probably have some fire-fighting equipment.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"RBnDFW" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Richard the Dreaded Libertarian" wrote in
message news On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:00:23 -0700, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Aug 31, 5:44 pm, "Buerste" wrote:
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

Anyone else dealing with the fires here in CA?
Aren't all these fire due to the Democrats stopping undergrowth
removal?
For 60 years?

Actually it is the fault of that damn Reagan. ;)
Nah, just blame Jimmy Carter. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich
John McPhee wrote an interesting piece about this over a decade ago,
titled "Los Angeles Against the Mountains," in his book _The Control of
Nature_. It went into the problems of the deepening layer of detritus and
underbrush, and the threat it posed of a really big fire.

I should dig it out and re-read it.

Don't bother, just watch CN [D[D[D Fox News

TV news is not John McPhee. If you really want to know the ins and outs of a
subject like that, he's the best.

I read the piece 10 years ago or so. It was interesting then, and kind of
scary.

I've not read McPhee, but I surely do not watch the TV news channels
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Anyone else dealing with the fires here in CA?

TMT

We knew alla you liberal *******s were going to burn in hell, we just
didn't know how till now.

hey hey! I gotta work down where those fires are burning!

Gunner

LOL Being a conservative, you probably have some fire-fighting equipment.

Of course I do. Ive got a 20lb extingusher in the back of the truck and
a 10lb in the front seat.

And Ive got a bunch of them at home.

Shouldnt I???

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Anyone else dealing with the fires here in CA?

TMT

We knew alla you liberal *******s were going to burn in hell, we just
didn't know how till now.

hey hey! I gotta work down where those fires are burning!

Gunner

LOL Being a conservative, you probably have some fire-fighting equipment.

Of course I do. Ive got a 20lb extingusher in the back of the truck and
a 10lb in the front seat.

You never know when the Bandaids on your fuel line are going to blow out.

And Ive got a bunch of them at home.

Shouldnt I???

Gunner

I sure would if I lived in *your* trailer. It makes good sense. Homasote can
go up like newspaper. In fact, it *is* newspaper.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
Stuart Wheaton wrote:

It's the bushes fault

THAT is EXCELLENT! Permission to steal it, please?

You do know I'm talking about vegetation?

You meant vegetables didn't you, and it's Bush's.

--
John R. Carroll

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 18:02:10 -0800, John R. Carroll wrote:
Wes wrote:
Stuart Wheaton wrote:

It's the bushes fault

THAT is EXCELLENT! Permission to steal it, please?

You do know I'm talking about vegetation?

You meant vegetables didn't you, and it's Bush's.

http://www.bushbeans.com/ ?

Cheers!
Rich

Sign of the times Mike O. Woodworking 51 January 12th 09 04:57 AM
A Sign Of The Times-Maybe Lew Hodgett[_2_] Woodworking 27 November 9th 08 05:41 AM
Gloat Times Two LesT Woodworking 4 October 4th 07 05:46 PM
RCD trip times [email protected] UK diy 8 November 28th 04 03:12 AM