Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How many times

do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before you learn
to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before you
learn to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

Sure I close it all the time, but then I wind up having to open it with my
teeth because the other hand is holding something. After 3 or for chewings
in a project I eventually forget and put the bottle on the shelf open.

Posted to rec.woodworking

For a Titebond bottle, after applying the glue, I tap the bottle top
on the glue surface, to close it, then rub the top on the surface to
clean up most of the rest of it.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/25/2012 4:52 PM, Steve B wrote:
do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before you learn
to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

EVERY time...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Steve B wrote:

do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before
you learn to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Nope - ya never learn. It's just one of those magical things in life.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Steve B wrote:
do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before
you learn to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

get a glubot, they work great.
still got to clean occassionally, but much less often
http://www.amazon.com/FastCap-Glu-Bo.../dp/B0006IUW8G

Posted to rec.woodworking

"ChairMan" wrote in message
news
Steve B wrote:
do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before
you learn to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

get a glubot, they work great.
still got to clean occassionally, but much less often
http://www.amazon.com/FastCap-Glu-Bo.../dp/B0006IUW8G

It's not a biggie, it just always seems to happen when I have both hands
full. That crap tastes terrible, too.

Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/25/2012 4:52 PM, Steve B wrote:
do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before you learn
to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

Solution, work faster! ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/26/2012 11:37 AM, Leon wrote:
On 8/25/2012 4:52 PM, Steve B wrote:
do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before you
learn
to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

Solution, work faster! ;~)

I started buying the little replacement bottles at HF.
http://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of...aps-66170.html

for some reason they don't clog as easily as the titebond bottles,
And if one is a pain, the others are usually good to go.
I buy by the gallon, I was using a titebond quart to reload into but the
problem you are talking about finally convince me to try the small
bottles. They are great, easy to squeeze. You can make a wide tip, a
narrow tip....

They don't clog as easy, I think mainly due to the lack of a protrusion
to clog..(the moveable tip).
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/26/12 10:48 AM, tiredofspam wrote:
I started buying the little replacement bottles at HF.
http://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of...aps-66170.html

I'm going to get some of those, next time I'm at HF. Thanks.

I also use this...
https://fastcap.com/estore/pc/GlüBot-6p123.htm
I like it for the replaceable tips. When one clogs, it goes in the trash.
Those HF bottles will be used in the same way.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 14:52:26 -0700, Steve B wrote:

do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before you
learn to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

I thought they were like bourbon lids, meant to be discarded once
removed.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve B" wrote in message ...

do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before you learn
to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

I buy glue by the gallon. Pour into the Ketchup sweeze bottle that has a
life off plastic top and a nozzle that I cut to a 1/8 inch opening. I cap it
with an electrical (red) wire nut. You can find these bottles at WalMart or
maybe the dollar store. Some times glue will dry in the top of the nozzle
and I just twist in a deck screw and pull out the dried glue. I keep several
bottles filled so I don't need to stop on large projects when one runs dry.
WW

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Steve B wrote:
do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before you
learn to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

I believe the answer is "seventy times seven"

--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
http://www.asciiribbon.org

Posted to rec.woodworking

Steve B wrote:
"ChairMan" wrote in message
news
Steve B wrote:
do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before
you learn to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

get a glubot, they work great.
still got to clean occassionally, but much less often
http://www.amazon.com/FastCap-Glu-Bo.../dp/B0006IUW8G

It's not a biggie, it just always seems to happen when I have both
hands full. That crap tastes terrible, too.

Steve

I know, i used to use old mustard bottles for years and for grins tried
this bottle and I'd have to say, I really like it and would and will
buy another.
It's handy, even has a place to put the cap{on top) when using it
jmo

Posted to rec.woodworking

"basilisk" wrote in message

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 14:52:26 -0700, Steve B wrote:

do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before you
learn to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

I thought they were like bourbon lids, meant to be discarded once
removed.

basilisk

I use the after market squeeze ketchup containers. Then I use a RED wire nut
for the cover. Works for me. ww