DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How many times (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/345555-how-many-times.html)

Steve B[_13_] August 25th 12 10:52 PM

How many times

do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before you learn
to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

Bob La Londe[_7_] August 25th 12 11:33 PM

How many times

"Steve B" wrote in message
do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before you
learn to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

Sure I close it all the time, but then I wind up having to open it with my
teeth because the other hand is holding something. After 3 or for chewings
in a project I eventually forget and put the bottle on the shelf open.

Sonny August 25th 12 11:51 PM

How many times

For a Titebond bottle, after applying the glue, I tap the bottle top
on the glue surface, to close it, then rub the top on the surface to
clean up most of the rest of it.

Sonny

Richard[_9_] August 26th 12 12:12 AM

How many times

On 8/25/2012 4:52 PM, Steve B wrote:
do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before you learn
to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

EVERY time...

Mike Marlow[_2_] August 26th 12 01:16 AM

How many times

Steve B wrote:

do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before
you learn to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Nope - ya never learn. It's just one of those magical things in life.

--

-Mike-

ChairMan[_3_] August 26th 12 02:04 AM

How many times

Steve B wrote:
do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before
you learn to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

get a glubot, they work great.
still got to clean occassionally, but much less often
http://www.amazon.com/FastCap-Glu-Bo.../dp/B0006IUW8G

Steve B[_13_] August 26th 12 04:18 AM

How many times

"ChairMan" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before
you learn to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

get a glubot, they work great.
still got to clean occassionally, but much less often
http://www.amazon.com/FastCap-Glu-Bo.../dp/B0006IUW8G

It's not a biggie, it just always seems to happen when I have both hands
full. That crap tastes terrible, too.

Steve

Leon[_7_] August 26th 12 04:37 PM

How many times

On 8/25/2012 4:52 PM, Steve B wrote:
do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before you learn
to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

Solution, work faster! ;~)

tiredofspam August 26th 12 04:48 PM

How many times

On 8/26/2012 11:37 AM, Leon wrote:
On 8/25/2012 4:52 PM, Steve B wrote:
do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before you
learn
to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

Solution, work faster! ;~)

I started buying the little replacement bottles at HF.
http://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of...aps-66170.html

for some reason they don't clog as easily as the titebond bottles,
And if one is a pain, the others are usually good to go.
I buy by the gallon, I was using a titebond quart to reload into but the
problem you are talking about finally convince me to try the small
bottles. They are great, easy to squeeze. You can make a wide tip, a
narrow tip....

They don't clog as easy, I think mainly due to the lack of a protrusion
to clog..(the moveable tip).

-MIKE- August 26th 12 05:39 PM

How many times

On 8/26/12 10:48 AM, tiredofspam wrote:
I started buying the little replacement bottles at HF.
http://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of...aps-66170.html

I'm going to get some of those, next time I'm at HF. Thanks.

I also use this...
https://fastcap.com/estore/pc/GlüBot-6p123.htm
I like it for the replaceable tips. When one clogs, it goes in the trash.
Those HF bottles will be used in the same way.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

basilisk[_2_] August 26th 12 08:17 PM

How many times

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 14:52:26 -0700, Steve B wrote:

do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before you
learn to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

I thought they were like bourbon lids, meant to be discarded once
removed.

basilisk

WW[_2_] August 27th 12 04:32 PM

How many times

"Steve B" wrote in message ...

do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before you learn
to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

I buy glue by the gallon. Pour into the Ketchup sweeze bottle that has a
life off plastic top and a nozzle that I cut to a 1/8 inch opening. I cap it
with an electrical (red) wire nut. You can find these bottles at WalMart or
maybe the dollar store. Some times glue will dry in the top of the nozzle
and I just twist in a deck screw and pull out the dried glue. I keep several
bottles filled so I don't need to stop on large projects when one runs dry.
WW

Stuart[_5_] August 27th 12 05:22 PM

How many times

In article ,
Steve B wrote:
do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before you
learn to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

I believe the answer is "seventy times seven"

--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
http://www.asciiribbon.org

ChairMan[_5_] August 28th 12 06:42 AM

How many times

Steve B wrote:
"ChairMan" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before
you learn to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

get a glubot, they work great.
still got to clean occassionally, but much less often
http://www.amazon.com/FastCap-Glu-Bo.../dp/B0006IUW8G

It's not a biggie, it just always seems to happen when I have both
hands full. That crap tastes terrible, too.

Steve

I know, i used to use old mustard bottles for years and for grins tried
this bottle and I'd have to say, I really like it and would and will
buy another.
It's handy, even has a place to put the cap{on top) when using it
jmo

WW[_2_] November 2nd 12 01:21 AM

How many times

"basilisk" wrote in message

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 14:52:26 -0700, Steve B wrote:

do you have to clean out the top opening of the glue bottle before you
learn to close it after every use? Or do you ever?

Steve

I thought they were like bourbon lids, meant to be discarded once
removed.

basilisk

I use the after market squeeze ketchup containers. Then I use a RED wire nut
for the cover. Works for me. ww