Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wickes search facility.

Just typed in 'tool storage'.

Amongst the results were;

Drain & Gutter Cleaning Kit, Roma Masonry BBQ , Telescopic Steel Bypass
Lopper, Patio Scrubber, Large Garden Trolley!

I won't be keeping my jigsaw in a masonry BBQ :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , The Medway Handyman
writes
Just typed in 'tool storage'.

Amongst the results were;

Drain & Gutter Cleaning Kit, Roma Masonry BBQ , Telescopic Steel Bypass
Lopper, Patio Scrubber, Large Garden Trolley!

I think the supplier site searches are all a bit crap.

Try eg. tool storage site:wickes.co.uk in your favourite search engine.

I'm currently sampling a new one: https://ixquick.co.uk/ , you can
define custom search rules in the URL the way you used to be able to in
google before they broke it.

Here's one to return 50 results instead of the usual 10:

https://ixquick.co.uk/do/mypage.pl?p...f_resultsEEE50

You can build your own and save it as a tinurl - http://tinyurl.com/
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Most of these site searches seem to throw up daft results. I'd imagine this
is due to them not being searches merely of the item short description and
probably any part of your term can be tested to any bit of whatever is
written about an item.

Brian

Email:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Just typed in 'tool storage'.

Amongst the results were;

Drain & Gutter Cleaning Kit, Roma Masonry BBQ , Telescopic Steel Bypass
Lopper, Patio Scrubber, Large Garden Trolley!

I won't be keeping my jigsaw in a masonry BBQ :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman explained on 25/05/2013 :
Just typed in 'tool storage'.

Amongst the results were;

Drain & Gutter Cleaning Kit, Roma Masonry BBQ , Telescopic Steel Bypass
Lopper, Patio Scrubber, Large Garden Trolley!

I won't be keeping my jigsaw in a masonry BBQ :-)

Google's 'search this site' is much better.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Brian Gaff
writes
Have youtried their other one, startpage.com?

I had thought they pointed to the same engine but it appears startpage
is just an anonymising front end for google. One of the reasons for
moving away from them was to get more accurate search results as I have
got bored with them pushing what they want me to hear rather than what I
had explicitly asked for. eg. Putting a particular query word in quotes
to indicate it as a must have and finding several results near the top
where the word didn't appear at all. I'm a bit disappointed to see them
getting into bed with google.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Rebore facility locator cynic UK diy 8 October 26th 10 08:40 PM
Actual search string search engine or general technique ? N_Cook Electronics Repair 7 November 21st 09 05:07 PM
Who would use this facility ? N_Cook Electronics Repair 9 September 20th 09 04:33 PM
facility Moving services World Marketing Home Repair 0 September 18th 08 01:51 AM
OT DVD R/W facility question mike UK diy 27 June 11th 07 02:00 PM