Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sky News on freesat gone AWOL

Sky News, and the other channels on the same transponder, have gone AWOL
during what appears to be daylight hours only to return each evening.

Anyone seeing anything like this now or previously?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 May 2013 23:30:56 +0100, F wrote:

Sky News, and the other channels on the same transponder, have gone
AWOL during what appears to be daylight hours only to return each
evening.

Sky News Freesat 202 OK as I type 0948 23/5/13.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , F
news@nowhere.? writes
Sky News, and the other channels on the same transponder, have gone AWOL
during what appears to be daylight hours only to return each evening.

uk.tech.digital-tv
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/05/2013 23:30, F wrote:
Sky News, and the other channels on the same transponder, have gone AWOL
during what appears to be daylight hours only to return each evening.

Anyone seeing anything like this now or previously?

You can see this around the equinoxes when the sun is in the field of
view of the dish pointing at the satellite and active. The sun is very
active at the moment but I doubt it is enough to swamp the LNB as the
sun is about 20 degree above the equator now worst case.

Geostationary satellites are on the celestial equator and so for a few
days a year March & Sept the receiver is blinded at certain times of
day. Where I live mid morning for about half an hour.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2013 09:58 fred wrote:

In article , F
news@nowhere.? writes
Sky News, and the other channels on the same transponder, have gone AWOL
during what appears to be daylight hours only to return each evening.

uk.tech.digital-tv

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2013 10:12 Martin Brown wrote:

On 22/05/2013 23:30, F wrote:
Sky News, and the other channels on the same transponder, have gone AWOL
during what appears to be daylight hours only to return each evening.

Anyone seeing anything like this now or previously?

You can see this around the equinoxes when the sun is in the field of
view of the dish pointing at the satellite and active. The sun is very
active at the moment but I doubt it is enough to swamp the LNB as the
sun is about 20 degree above the equator now worst case.

Geostationary satellites are on the celestial equator and so for a few
days a year March & Sept the receiver is blinded at certain times of
day. Where I live mid morning for about half an hour.

Thanks.

I've currently got a signal but next time it disappears I'll have a look
at what you're suggesting.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Martin Brown |||newspam|
scribeth thus
On 22/05/2013 23:30, F wrote:
Sky News, and the other channels on the same transponder, have gone AWOL
during what appears to be daylight hours only to return each evening.

Anyone seeing anything like this now or previously?

You can see this around the equinoxes when the sun is in the field of
view of the dish pointing at the satellite and active. The sun is very
active at the moment but I doubt it is enough to swamp the LNB as the
sun is about 20 degree above the equator now worst case.

Geostationary satellites are on the celestial equator and so for a few
days a year March & Sept the receiver is blinded at certain times of
day. Where I live mid morning for about half an hour.

Ummm... what's this "Sun" thing thou speakest of then;?...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/05/2013 23:30, F wrote:
Sky News, and the other channels on the same transponder, have gone AWOL
during what appears to be daylight hours only to return each evening.

Anyone seeing anything like this now or previously?

You can see this around the equinoxes when the sun is in the field of
view of the dish pointing at the satellite and active. The sun is very
active at the moment but I doubt it is enough to swamp the LNB as the
sun is about 20 degree above the equator now worst case.

Geostationary satellites are on the celestial equator and so for a few
days a year March & Sept the receiver is blinded at certain times of
day. Where I live mid morning for about half an hour.

Ummm... what's this "Sun" thing thou speakest of then;?...
--
Tony Sayer

Very well-known and predictable loss of sat sigs at certain times of the
year. Google for "solar outage"

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/05/2013 23:30, F wrote:
Sky News, and the other channels on the same transponder, have gone AWOL
during what appears to be daylight hours only to return each evening.

Anyone seeing anything like this now or previously?

You can see this around the equinoxes when the sun is in the field of
view of the dish pointing at the satellite and active. The sun is very
active at the moment but I doubt it is enough to swamp the LNB as the
sun is about 20 degree above the equator now worst case.

Geostationary satellites are on the celestial equator and so for a few
days a year March & Sept the receiver is blinded at certain times of
day. Where I live mid morning for about half an hour.

Ummm... what's this "Sun" thing thou speakest of then;?...

It a theoretically high in the sky bright round thing about half a
degree across but not seen much of it so far this year. Grey very windy
and wet here at the moment with intermittent ADSL due to wind rattling a
dry joint somewhere on the line. Ideal Bank Holiday weekend weather.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown