John Moorhead

Default AWOL posts??

Folks -

I've tried three times to post a follow up regarding my first week teaching
WW class.... My message is text only, natch, and shorter than many of the
other posts here. I am going to post it in two parts, immediately following
this message.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

John Moorhead

Duane Bozarth

John Moorhead wrote:

I've tried three times to post a follow up regarding my first week teaching
WW class....

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Two copies show up here (so far...)

Looks like your sever isn't updated for some reason....
John Moorhead

Duane -

Thanks! My OP on this posted immediately, and my other two messages... did
not... do you see a pair of messages from me 1/2 & 2/2? This is wierd!

John

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
John Moorhead wrote:

I've tried three times to post a follow up regarding my first week
teaching
WW class....

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Two copies show up here (so far...)

Looks like your sever isn't updated for some reason....

Lee Michaels

"John Moorhead" wrote in message
om...
Duane -

Thanks! My OP on this posted immediately, and my other two messages...
did not... do you see a pair of messages from me 1/2 & 2/2? This is
wierd!

I have seen everything you have posted.

Who is your ISP? Sometimes my ISP drops my outgoing messages. But I can
read replys to them.

John Moorhead

Lee -

sbcglobal.net I am not seeing any of my posts, except this thread.... I
have had this happen before, and if any of y'all have any advice.... I did
call sbc earlier and they gave me the "shut up" answer.... it must be MY
computer....rrrr

John

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
John Moorhead wrote:
Folks -

I've tried three times to post a follow up regarding my first week teaching
WW class.... My message is text only, natch, and shorter than many of the
other posts here. I am going to post it in two parts, immediately following
this message.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Yeah. It's *working*. All 3 and 2-halves times now. grin

Why _you're_ not seeing it is a separate question.

Either Prodigy's news-server is fouled up -- which wouldn't be (a) surprising,
or (b) the first time -- or your news-reader is just not showing it to you.

Duane Bozarth

John Moorhead wrote:

Duane -

...do you see a pair of messages from me 1/2 & 2/2? ...

Yes...
Jerry S.

"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message
Either Prodigy's news-server is fouled up -- which wouldn't be (a)

surprising,
or (b) the first time -- or your news-reader is just not showing it to

you.

Maybe he read one of his own posts without realizing it, disagreed with it,
and killfiled himself.

Lee Michaels

"Jerry S." wrote in message
"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message
Either Prodigy's news-server is fouled up -- which wouldn't be (a)

surprising,
or (b) the first time -- or your news-reader is just not showing it to

you.

Maybe he read one of his own posts without realizing it, disagreed with
it,
and killfiled himself.

I had a troll who targeted me once. He used my e-mail addy as his e-mail
address. When I killfiled him, I killfiled myself. Once I figured it out, I
went back and reversed it. He had to keep changing his addy because people
didn't like him. Once I corrected the killfile, I was OK.

Duane Bozarth

John Moorhead wrote:

Duane -

Thanks! ...

BTW, interesting to read--don't know your age, but I don't think I could
tolerate the present attitudes in a classroom any more--I'm too old and
set in my ways, methinks.

Haven't tried to teach a shop class, but even the local community
college pre-engineering and math/physics classes I taught a couple years
ago strained my patience beyond what I would care to do for any length
of time...the attitude relative to when I went to school is so different
that unless one were there all along I don't think it would be at all
easy to adjust---and I can only imagine the additional problems in metro
areas...

That said, if you can hang in there and give them some guidance, I'm all
for ya'...

Jim Weisgram

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:24:13 GMT, "John Moorhead"
wrote:

Folks -

I've tried three times to post a follow up regarding my first week teaching
WW class.... My message is text only, natch, and shorter than many of the
other posts here. I am going to post it in two parts, immediately following
this message.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

John Moorhead

I don't, but news servers can be funny things and not all ISP's
provide reliable access to Usenet, as other replies have indicated.

In the future, if you have doubts about a post showing up, you might
try searching for it at groups.google.com. They archive all Usenet
content (excepting binaries, I believe).

Jim Weisgram

Mark & Juanita

wrote:

Folks -

I've tried three times to post a follow up regarding my first week teaching
WW class.... My message is text only, natch, and shorter than many of the
other posts here. I am going to post it in two parts, immediately following
this message.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

John Moorhead

I've seen it all three times here.

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody
Luigi Zanasi

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:41:00 GMT, "John Moorhead"
scribbled:

Lee -

sbcglobal.net I am not seeing any of my posts, except this thread.... I
have had this happen before, and if any of y'all have any advice.... I did
call sbc earlier and they gave me the "shut up" answer.... it must be MY
computer....rrrr

I saw all three of your posts & the part 1 & 2. Sometimes my ISP drops
my posts when they are "too" long (e.g. some sections of the antifaq).
When my posts don't show up, I check google a few hours later to make
sure whether I need to post it again.

Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html

Deck disasater - how to repair concrete posts? Andy Woodworking 10 June 15th 04 12:01 PM
Set fence posts in concrete or use Metposts? DIY Novice UK diy 6 June 3rd 04 10:26 PM
Garden fence posts Mortimer UK diy 8 February 6th 04 11:50 AM
deck posts Pykirk Woodworking 2 October 6th 03 02:32 AM
Concrete Fence Posts - setting out Rick Hughes UK diy 4 July 11th 03 08:45 PM