Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Sky News on freesat gone AWOL

On 22/05/2013 23:30, F wrote:
Sky News, and the other channels on the same transponder, have gone AWOL
during what appears to be daylight hours only to return each evening.

Anyone seeing anything like this now or previously?

You can see this around the equinoxes when the sun is in the field of
view of the dish pointing at the satellite and active. The sun is very
active at the moment but I doubt it is enough to swamp the LNB as the
sun is about 20 degree above the equator now worst case.

Geostationary satellites are on the celestial equator and so for a few
days a year March & Sept the receiver is blinded at certain times of
day. Where I live mid morning for about half an hour.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown