Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Disabled parking signs

Anyone know?

Do you have to have a blue disabled parking sign, or one painted on the
floor, or both?

Application is outside an office block on an industrial estate.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

round here a dashed white line around a "car space" worth, then D I S
A B L E D written in white along longest edge readable from middle of
road

ASCII

| |
| |
|_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _|
D I S A B L E D

I think there are variations......

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Anyone know?

Do you have to have a blue disabled parking sign, or one painted on the
floor, or both?

Application is outside an office block on an industrial estate.

In a car park or on the road?

On the road, it should be to diagram 1028.3 here

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...chedule/6/made

If it is a public highway, you need to apply to the highways authority
to put it down.

The following guidance is for car parks:

http://www.snapi.org.uk/info/guidelines/car_parking.htm

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Anyone know?

Do you have to have a blue disabled parking sign, or one painted on
the floor, or both?

Application is outside an office block on an industrial estate.

Private land.

It's nothing more than the serving suggestion given on a microwave meal.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
Anyone know?

Do you have to have a blue disabled parking sign, or one painted on the
floor, or both?

Application is outside an office block on an industrial estate.

Who owns the parking space?
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Anyone know?

Do you have to have a blue disabled parking sign, or one painted on the
floor, or both?

Application is outside an office block on an industrial estate.
--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

round here a dashed white line around a "car space" worth, then D I S
A B L E D written in white along longest edge readable from middle of
road

Presumably when the road is covered in snow, restrictions are
lifted...

--
Frank
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Anyone know?

Do you have to have a blue disabled parking sign, or one painted on the
floor, or both?

Application is outside an office block on an industrial estate.

Not sure it really matters, most people ignore them anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2013 11:22, Gazz wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Anyone know?

Do you have to have a blue disabled parking sign, or one painted on
the floor, or both?

Application is outside an office block on an industrial estate.

Not sure it really matters, most people ignore them anyway.

I imagine it has more to do with being seen to comply with the
Disability Discrimination Act.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/05/2013 22:48, bert wrote:
In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
Anyone know?

Do you have to have a blue disabled parking sign, or one painted on
the floor, or both?

Application is outside an office block on an industrial estate.

Who owns the parking space?

The people who own the office block.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/05/2013 22:48, bert wrote:
In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
Anyone know?

Do you have to have a blue disabled parking sign, or one painted on
the floor, or both?

Application is outside an office block on an industrial estate.

Who owns the parking space?

The people who own the office block.

Then I don't think there is anything mandatory about he way they mark
their disabled parking bays. However it is advisable to mark the bay
with the recognised road sign on the floor and then if suitable location
exists put up a sign on a pole.

As per another post people are all to ready to abuse the system at the
slightest excuse.
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Gazz writes

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Anyone know?

Do you have to have a blue disabled parking sign, or one painted on
the floor, or both?

Application is outside an office block on an industrial estate.

Not sure it really matters, most people ignore them anyway.

Most people respect them It's the few selfish pillocks who ignore them
giving the impression that most people ignore them. Those who can't be
arsed to walk a couple of yards extra - and I am not a blue badge holder
BTW
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/05/2013 22:48, bert wrote:
In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
Anyone know?

Do you have to have a blue disabled parking sign, or one painted on
the floor, or both?

Application is outside an office block on an industrial estate.
Who owns the parking space?

The people who own the office block.

Then I don't think there is anything mandatory about he way they mark
their disabled parking bays. However it is advisable to mark the bay
with the recognised road sign on the floor and then if suitable location
exists put up a sign on a pole.

I have a copy of the relevant BS in front of me. The sign on a post is
recommended "to identify parking space when road markings are obscured eg
by snow or fallen leaves".

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/05/2013 16:32, bert wrote:
Most people respect them It's the few selfish pillocks who ignore them
giving the impression that most people ignore them. Those who can't be
arsed to walk a couple of yards extra - and I am not a blue badge holder
BTW

It is my impression that more people respect them when the whole thing
has been done properly and you can see real disabled people using them.
Some of the older "slop a bit of paint on the ground 'ere Jim" bays of
yesteryear did not get much respect.

Places like B&Q where you literally could not tell which bays were for
disabled - they had worn paint markings - but so too did many other bays
which had in the past been disabled bays. You really couldn't tell which
were current.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , bert ]
writes
In message , Gazz writes

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Anyone know?

Do you have to have a blue disabled parking sign, or one painted on
the floor, or both?

Application is outside an office block on an industrial estate.

Not sure it really matters, most people ignore them anyway.

Most people respect them It's the few selfish pillocks who ignore them
giving the impression that most people ignore them. Those who can't be
arsed to walk a couple of yards extra - and I am not a blue badge holder
BTW

I had a chat with the security guard at a Lidl supermarket about
enforcement when I saw a few being mis-occupied. He advised that they've
been told not to enforce them after verbal punch ups with the fat,
mouthy slags that seem to be the worst offenders. Too much trouble
apparently.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , charles
writes

I have a copy of the relevant BS in front of me. The sign on a post is
recommended "to identify parking space when road markings are obscured eg
by snow or fallen leaves".

Does it give any indication whether post signage is mandatory? A Glasgow
(council) enforcement bod has advised me that they have to rely on
goodwill and ones w/o signs aren't enforceable (none have signs here).
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
fred wrote:
In article , charles
writes

I have a copy of the relevant BS in front of me. The sign on a post is
recommended "to identify parking space when road markings are obscured eg
by snow or fallen leaves".

Does it give any indication whether post signage is mandatory? A Glasgow
(council) enforcement bod has advised me that they have to rely on
goodwill and ones w/o signs aren't enforceable (none have signs here).

a BS is only mandatory if someone (such as a local authority) says so.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , polygonum
writes
On 24/05/2013 16:32, bert wrote:
Most people respect them It's the few selfish pillocks who ignore them
giving the impression that most people ignore them. Those who can't be
arsed to walk a couple of yards extra - and I am not a blue badge holder
BTW

It is my impression that more people respect them when the whole thing
has been done properly and you can see real disabled people using them.
Some of the older "slop a bit of paint on the ground 'ere Jim" bays of
yesteryear did not get much respect.

Places like B&Q where you literally could not tell which bays were for
disabled - they had worn paint markings - but so too did many other
bays which had in the past been disabled bays. You really couldn't tell
which were current.

There are some here outside a long-closed MFI and they are still
respected.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

fred wrote:
In article , bert ]
writes
In message , Gazz writes

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Anyone know?

Do you have to have a blue disabled parking sign, or one painted on
the floor, or both?

Application is outside an office block on an industrial estate.

Not sure it really matters, most people ignore them anyway.

Most people respect them It's the few selfish pillocks who ignore
them giving the impression that most people ignore them. Those who
can't be arsed to walk a couple of yards extra - and I am not a blue
badge holder BTW

I had a chat with the security guard at a Lidl supermarket about
enforcement when I saw a few being mis-occupied. He advised that
they've been told not to enforce them after verbal punch ups with the
fat, mouthy slags that seem to be the worst offenders. Too much
trouble apparently.

The security guards need to be armed with salad.

--
Adam