Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_3_] bert[_3_] is offline

Default Disabled parking signs

In message , polygonum
writes
On 24/05/2013 16:32, bert wrote:
Most people respect them It's the few selfish pillocks who ignore them
giving the impression that most people ignore them. Those who can't be
arsed to walk a couple of yards extra - and I am not a blue badge holder
BTW

It is my impression that more people respect them when the whole thing
has been done properly and you can see real disabled people using them.
Some of the older "slop a bit of paint on the ground 'ere Jim" bays of
yesteryear did not get much respect.

Places like B&Q where you literally could not tell which bays were for
disabled - they had worn paint markings - but so too did many other
bays which had in the past been disabled bays. You really couldn't tell
which were current.

There are some here outside a long-closed MFI and they are still
respected.
--
bert