Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Friggin cold phone callers

Just had a call from 06041623 -
My name is garble (female) phoning on behalf of garble garble. Is your name
.... ... of this address .... .....
Me: It might be
Her: Can I ask a few questions?
Me: go on then
Her: Calls may be recorded for training etc etc
How do you pronounce your christian name?
Me: Hang on a sec, what are you selling, where are you going with this?
Her: You ****in' *******.
Me: LMFAO and thanked her very much.

Half an hour earlier we had some hawker at the door, wifey answered it and
was chatting for quite a while. She came in and said this guy is selling all
sorts of stuff like this chamois leather for £15, he says he's been a bad
boy but is trying to change his life etc etc, yes, I know, hook line and
sinker. So I kindly asked him to sling his hook.
Geeeeeeeeez.

OT Dealing with cold callers Hugh - in either England or Spain UK diy 19 October 30th 12 11:16 AM
OT cold callers Alan[_10_] UK diy 3 January 8th 12 12:18 AM
PITA cold callers about insulation grants brass monkey UK diy 35 July 31st 11 12:35 AM
OT - callers at door. sweetheart[_2_] UK diy 45 April 22nd 10 11:45 PM
Bedroom above garage...friggin cold in winter Chuck Home Repair 2 April 24th 05 02:47 AM