Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT cold callers

Cold caller rings the door bell.
He doesn't present any identification.
Him: I'm doing a survey
He produces a picture of two electric meters
Him:Do you have smart meter or the older type that has to be read by
yourself or a meter reader
Me: an older meter
Him: We can fit a smart meter for free. All I need is your customer
number from you electricity bill.
Me: go away bye

What's the betting some poor soul in Southend-on-Sea is going to find
that they have a new electricity supplier, without their knowledge?

--
Alan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/01/2012 18:43, Alan wrote:

Cold caller rings the door bell.
He doesn't present any identification.
Him: I'm doing a survey
He produces a picture of two electric meters
Him:Do you have smart meter or the older type that has to be read by
yourself or a meter reader
Me: an older meter
Him: We can fit a smart meter for free. All I need is your customer
number from you electricity bill.
Me: go away bye

What's the betting some poor soul in Southend-on-Sea is going to find
that they have a new electricity supplier, without their knowledge?

I've had a few cold callers from an electricity company telling me that
they are my new supplier, so could they have my name please for their
records.

I told them to leg it.

Apparently this practice is illegal.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Alan" wrote in message

Cold caller rings the door bell.
He doesn't present any identification.
Him: "I'm doing a survey"
He produces a picture of two electric meters
Him:"Do you have smart meter or the older type that has to be read by
yourself or a meter reader"
Me: "an older meter"
Him: "We can fit a smart meter for free. All I need is your customer
number from you electricity bill".
Me: "go away - bye"

What's the betting some poor soul in Southend-on-Sea is going to find that
they have a new electricity supplier, without their knowledge?

It is worth taking the details and reporting them to OFGEM. Otherwise they
will continue to get away with it.

Peter Crosland

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 3, 8:58*pm, "Peter Crosland" wrote:

It is worth taking the details and reporting them to OFGEM. Otherwise they
will continue to get away with it.

I photograph them when they show up.

Just because it ****es them off so much.