Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl cold frame - lids do not fit

I wonder if anyone has bought and put together
the cold frame that Lidl is currently selling (in Ireland at least)?

The 2 lids on my frame are not large enough, as far as I can see.
The space is 24in deep, while each lid is 23.5in deep;
so the lids fall through the space.

There are some rubber seals provided with the frame,
which do not seem to be mentioned in the installation instructions,
but I do not see how these could cure the problem.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/02/2013 12:24, Timothy Murphy wrote:
I wonder if anyone has bought and put together
the cold frame that Lidl is currently selling (in Ireland at least)?

The 2 lids on my frame are not large enough, as far as I can see.
The space is 24in deep, while each lid is 23.5in deep;
so the lids fall through the space.

There are some rubber seals provided with the frame,
which do not seem to be mentioned in the installation instructions,
but I do not see how these could cure the problem.

Well I guess you must have bought the Irish version.

--
Remember the early bird may catch the worm but the second mouse gets the
cheese.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/02/2013 15:12, Brian Gaff wrote:
Obviously using some of those Cheap chinese tape measures in the factory
for the lids then.

Brian

Seriously it is more likely that peeps in UK.rec. gardening may have
experience of them, perhaps a post there might elicit a helpful response.

--
Remember the early bird may catch the worm but the second mouse gets the
cheese.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bb Bb is offline

replying to Timothy Murphy, Bb wrote:
Got I! You thread black seal through the windows. We cut ours in two after
threaded to make it easier. Then making sure one corner piece is not screwed
in and thread the windows with seals through the back groove of the frame.
Then screw back your corner piece. Hey presto!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...it-875727-.htm

Drain lids Pete Verdon UK diy 11 February 5th 08 04:41 PM
On finials and lids Kevin Woodturning 21 November 25th 06 04:22 PM
steel frame house cold bob syr Home Repair 13 April 20th 06 05:28 AM
steel frame house cold bob syr Home Ownership 12 April 20th 06 05:28 AM
fitting box lids Reyd Dorakeen Woodturning 1 March 14th 04 08:44 AM